Hey all, So earlier this week I bought my new Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo from guitar center, and as far as I can tell its great. However, me being my paranoid self, am a little worried over the fact it was the only one they had (I called about 2-3 weeks ago and they didnt have any in stock, then a week later when i went to pick up a guitar they had this one on the floor. When I was buying it this past friday the guy gave me 60 dollars off but I didn't really care/think too much into it.

Now, my question is, should I have any worries at all about getting this amp since it was on the floor (for what I assume would have been no more than 2 weeks or less, but then again when I called asking if they had it 2-3 weeks ago and the guy said no, theres always the remote chance he was just dumb and missed it)
Worried over nothing. Warranty is still there, tubes for 90 days. Tubes are about the only thing I'd worry about on a floor model and since yours was only 2-3 weeks in, its pretty much a brand new amp.
Yea that's what I was assuming however, I feel really really stupid right now because I just found out I was turning on the amp incorrectly. Seeing as how the amp has two switches, one that says POWER and ON, an one that says STANDBY and ON, I was under the assumption that I had to flip the switch that said Standby to ON, and then after 30 sec-a few min switch the power switch to ON.

However, It is now that I realize i'm supposed to switch the power switch to on, and leave the switch that says standby pressed down to standby, and then after those 30sec-min flip it up to on. I don't notice anything at the moment wrong and I never once have heard a popping noise like some describe from turning tube amps on and off incorrectly, but again, should I worry about this at all seeing as how now I know what to do and won't do that again?
It should be fine if it's working good still, just don't do it again. Enjoy!
Yea I realized this I've had a tiresome week and for some reason didn't realize I had two different sections of the forums open on two windows, and thought I wasn't posting correctly for some reason when one post wouldn't show up in the other window....I need to get some sleep >_<
I would've asked for more off and got them to throw in new tubes

But other than that, I wouldn't worry about it, if it's screwed up in a few weeks, just take it back
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com