I'm tired of my guitar practice amps and would like to upgrade. I want a Fender or Fender style amp but I've no idea what I want exactly. Budget would be up to $700 but I can buy used, I'd at least like basic controls though - Bass, Mid, Treble controls, Reverb. No second channel is necessary. Tube or solid state doesn't matter and I'd like it to be at least 30 watts and have at least one speaker output. If I need to buy a bass amp to get what I'd like that's fine too.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Fender Twin, or Twin reverb. You can find them used for 700.

Mesa Boogie Express

VOX AC30

Also:
I played a VOX night train. It REALLY packs tone. I would look into it. They're cheap but they sound great.

Jet City amp.
Dude try the Frontman 212 its a awesome amp
I really like mine
i got it at like 300 bucks
its sweet
I Have Nothing Important to Say.
Quote by dudeman388
I really like mine
its sweet

He said he wanted an amp that sounds like a Fender...

TS, Traynor YCV40
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by dudeman388
I really like mine
its sweet

He's got enough to buy a used Fender Twin and you are recommending an extremely crappy practice amp that sounds nothing like a Fender????
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by steven seagull
He said he wanted an amp that sounds like a Fender...

TS - Check out silverface Fenders from the 70s... You can find them dirt cheap online, and if you're looking for a clean machine they got that covered.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Thanks, Everyone. I'll only be able to check out what's in the stores I can go to but I'll try what I can.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
If your looking for a cheaper option look at Music Man. It's Leo Fender's second company. I'm not saying they are or are not as good as a Fender. I'm just saying they are worth looking at.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Last edited by FrenchBread at May 17, 2010,
You might want to look into a Blues JR, its a great amp for the price, its only 15 watts, but trust me its plenty loud.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Theres the Fender Super Champ XD. all tube clear channel sounds phenomenal. another 15 watter like the blues JR but definitely packs a punch. I've compared it to some of my friends more expensive amps and it sounds just as good if not better than some. your restricted to bass/treble adjustment, no mid. It has 4 different reverb settings, along with some chorus/delay/tremolo as well. There is an aftermarket channel/fx pedal available that I would recommend along with the amp, it makes turning on/off effects much easier.

I personally love it and would recommend it. With that said tho, My budget was no where near yours, so I wasn't able to dive into the $400-500+ range to give an accurate opinion on those.
fender hot rod deluxe! 700 exactly.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?