Page 1 of 12
Here's a link: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/05/07/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html

The project is a collaboration between the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, and the plan is to build a mosque within two blocks of the Ground Zero site.

Supporters and campaigners say the planned complex aims to bring together the community and promote better understanding of Islam.

Protestors say it's an insult to those who'd lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks.

Opinions?
No matter its intentions, I'd say it will be burnt down by a redneck within 2 years of completion.

Personally, I think its in bad taste. That would be like building a museum to celebrate how intelligent and well thought out the Crusades were right on the edge of Jerusalem.
I wonder what its chances of getting bombed are.

GEDIT: Normally I wouldn't be ok with this, but it looks like it's just gonna be like a YMCA for muslims. Not one of those taj-mahal lookin' things you usually think of when you think of mosques.
Last edited by guylee at May 16, 2010,
Totally irrelevant but aren't you from the UK, Fassa?

And what is a mosque?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
It's in bad taste.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by JayT44

And what is a mosque?

Seriously?
It's an Islamic place of worship.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at May 16, 2010,
pretty stupid and will offend people whether it is supposed to be positive or not,

personally i could care less what they do however
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JayT44

Why's my nationality got to do with anything?!

And what is a mosque?

Islamic place of worship. Otherwise known as a masjid.
Quote by ZanasCross
No matter its intentions, I'd say it will be burnt down by a redneck within 2 years of completion.

Personally, I think its in bad taste. That would be like building a museum to celebrate how intelligent and well thought out the Crusades were right on the edge of Jerusalem.

The difference is that the Crusades and the museum would be about capturing Jerusalem and "restoring Christian control."

The mosque is to bring people together in an attempt at peace between two very tense groups of people.

But as you said, some drunk asshole will take it upon himself to commit a hate crime.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Not insulting, but damn stupid.

I'm sure if they want peace, they could come up with much better ideas than building something that's just going to get burnt down or rednecks who have somehow acquired M60s will have themselves a massacre.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Last edited by Ganoosh at May 16, 2010,
Quote by JayT44

And what is a mosque?

Doesn't matter, she's hardcore conservative remember? That means that she has an ingrained hatred for all things middle-east.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I think that it's been nearly a decade since 9/11 and people need to settle the hell down about it already.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Why is this even a problem? First of all, your thread title was an obvious bait and switch so you can g right tfo. Secondly, Islam is not what caused 9/11, brain washing and extremism is what caused 9/11. Muslims are not the problem, dangerously idiotic followers of a psychopath are.

There is no reason why a mosque shouldn't be built on a RANDOM FUCKING BLOCK in New York.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at May 16, 2010,
Quote by Colgate Total
The difference is that the Crusades and the museum would be about capturing Jerusalem and "restoring Christian control."

The mosque is to bring people together in an attempt at peace between two very tense groups of people.

But as you said, some drunk asshole will take it upon himself to commit a hate crime.

wow that post was very...tolerant of you. I'm surprised Colgate.
Quote by JayT44
And what is a mosque?

It's a place of Muslim worship. As church is to Christians and synagogue is to Jewish people.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Why is this even a problem? First of all, your thread title was an obvious bait and switch so you can g right tfo. Secondly, Islam is not what caused 9/11, brain washing and extremism is what caused 9/11. Muslims are not the problem, dangerously idiotic followers of a psychopath are.

There is no reason why a mosque shouldn't be built on a RANDOM FU[CKING BLOCK in New York.

You raise a good point though. If there was a mosque built ANYWHERE in Manhattan, it would cause a shitstorm.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Why's my nationality got to do with anything?!

It doesn't I was just curious.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Islamic place of worship. Otherwise known as a masjid.

That sounds like a terrible idea.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by itchy guitar
Doesn't matter, she's hardcore conservative remember? That means that she has an ingrained hatred for all things middle-east.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. I'm liberal left for starters, and I don't hate the Middle East.

People will inevitably be angry about this, but those people are stupid anyway so fuck 'em. As far as I'm concerned, a place of worship is a place of worship, be it a church, a synagogue, or a mosque. If you're gonna throw a shit fit about one of 'em, you better be throwing a shit fit about all of 'em. And if you're throwing a shit fit at all, grow up & let people have their freedom to worship.
On ground zero? When pigs fly. In lower Manhattan. I don't care.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Wrong, wrong and wrong again. I'm liberal left for starters, and I don't hate the Middle East.

WTF!

You change your beliefs every fucking month!
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I'm sorry if my command of the English language was misleading.

Also, I'm not saying Islam IS or WAS the problem.

There is no reason why a mosque shouldn't be built on a RANDOM FUCKING BLOCK in New York.

Two blocks is no distance.

Also, the 9/11 bombers saw themselves as Muslim. We can try and call them whatever we wish, but they saw themselves as following their religion.
Quote by itchy guitar
WTF!

You change your beliefs every fucking month!

Did you steal that emoticon from me The url is identical to the one I have bookmarked.

Also, it's fassa dude, we've already established that her stated beliefs are never true.
Is there a reason why Fassa hasn't been banned? She just seems to troll. And eat. A lot.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
It's a good idea. I agree with it. If anyone destroys it then they are a hypocrite.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Did you steal that emoticon from me The url is identical to the one I have bookmarked.

Also, it's fassa dude, we've already established that her stated beliefs are never true.

Really? I found it on an emoticon site ages ago. It just screamed WTF to me, so I named it that when I downloaded it.

Quote by smartalec007
Is there a reason why Fassa hasn't been banned? She just seems to troll. And eat. A lot.

Its like a fucking photograph.

Too harsh?
Quote by MakinLattes
Last edited by itchy guitar at May 16, 2010,
Quote by itchy guitar

Fassa, why do you hate us?

Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm sorry if my command of the English language was misleading.

Also, I'm not saying Islam IS or WAS the problem.

Two blocks is no distance.

Also, the 9/11 bombers saw themselves as Muslim. We can try and call them whatever we wish, but they saw themselves as following their religion.

No that's bs, this is a bait and switch thread. your command of the English language has nothing to do with the difference between "for ground zero" and "near ground zero".

I know you aren't I wasn't referring to you

Many people in America are not capable of jogging 2 city blocks, it is therefore a solid distance.

It doesn't matter what they saw themselves as, their religion is not the reason for the attack. Nowhere in the Qur'an does it state that you should kill those who do not follow your beliefs. NOWHERE.
Quote by lespaul#1
Fassa, why do you hate us?

I'm not saying this again: I'm actually liberal left and I DON'T hate the Middle East given that I'm learning Arabic and Hebrew!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm not saying this again: I'm actually liberal left and I DON'T hate the Middle East given that I made a thread about my desire to learn arabic and hebrew, but haven't done so, and actually that has nothing to do with anything so I'll just STFU.

fix'd
Quote by smartalec007

While I do agree with this, she has refrained from trolling in this thread, as far as I can see.

Good job, Fassa
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
No that's bs, this is a bait and switch thread. your command of the English language has nothing to do with the difference between "for ground zero" and "near ground zero".

Many people in America are not capable of jogging 2 city blocks, it is therefore a solid distance.

It doesn't matter what they saw themselves as, their religion is not the reason for the attack. Nowhere in the Qur'an does it state that you should kill those who do not follow your beliefs. NOWHERE.

OK then, answer this: out of all the potential places they COULD have built this mosque, why did they have to choose that specific spot? There's a whole host of places they could have chose.

Your point about jogging city blocks is irrelevant as people can easily use cars, buses or the metro to get to places, as indeed most people will and do.
Quote by JayT44
While I do agree with this, she has refrained from trolling in this thread, as far as I can see.

Good job, Fassa :goldclap:

So close.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

It does say you should try and change the place you live to your way of thinking. And you are allowed to defend your religion if you feel it's threatened.

People are willing to kill themselves in order to kill you, you can't say religion isn't a factor.

No doubt the text has been manipulated to an end though.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."