i'm new to forums and this website, so sorry if i'm being a n00b, etc..

basically my rig has been - a modded Peavey Valveking and a Marshall cab. The cab really blows so i'm getting a used Orange 4x12 in 2 weeks. my question is, how significantly will my tone change, or is it worth it to just get a new head completely? again, sorry for any amateur stuff, i'm totally new to this!
What Marshall cab and what is modded about your Valveking?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There's not enough information to determine of your tone will change at all. How many speakers is your current cab, what is modded on your Valveking, is your cab open or closed, are you running any pedals or just plugging directly into the amp, what is the quality of your cable, what kind of guitar are you running into the amp? I know, trust me. It all factors in.
It's a marshall MV cab and it is a 4x12. I don't know whats modded about the valveking, i bought it from a friend's friend who moved to LA and told me absolutely nothing about the head, but it sounded amazing so i bought it. The cab is closed. and i'm running 3 pedals through the head, the order goes like this - Guitar to tuner, tuner to noise supressor, noise supressor to line 6 DL4 - to the head. I'm using a white ESP LTD Viper. hope this helps!
MV cab? Do you mean MG? Or perhaps Mode 4? Or even VM?

If it's an MG, the sound will drastically improve, if it's a Mode 4, probably not as much. If it's a VM, those are really nice cabs IMO.

Valvekings just don't sound good IMO, but if the mods are legit, it could significantly increase the sound quality, but since you have no idea what was done to it, it might as well be stock
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 17, 2010,
If you like how it sounds, then that's all that matters. Try it with an EQ pedal too, that helps alot with the sound.

Check out Mesa cabs too; Valvekings do well with Vintage 30 speakers.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??