I really hate this new "tax it out of existence" trend our government seems to be taking.

It's fascism through economic oppression, nothing more.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
if that's the case then damn a lot of the girls that I consider eye candy will be taxed all over them
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
candy is a vegetable, that outta confuse them into taxing nasty vegetables and not delicious candy mmmmmm
/Fatty McFatterson comment
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Taxing candy wont make the fatties not fat anymore...

Heck, they've made some drugs illegal, yet people still abuse them everyday. How will a tax stop people from buying candy? Answer: It won't.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by slash4114

Heck, they've made some drugs illegal, yet people still abuse them everyday. How will a tax stop people from buying candy? Answer: It won't.

it's supposed to be a deterrent. Unfortunately I don't think it'll work very well.
Quote by dudetheman
I really hate this new "tax it out of existence" trend our government seems to be taking.

It's fascism through economic oppression, nothing more.

Don't worry, it's alright because the government knows what's best for us. Yep, they'll treat us right.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Broccoli.

If people actually understood how amazing this veggie was for you, they'd be taxing it instead of candy. Broccoli is a fucking miracle.
I gotta say, this just pisses me off on a whole. The government is taxing FOOD? Albeit, tasty, less important food. Still, pretty soon they'll tax the toilet you piss in...
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
I gotta say, this just pisses me off on a whole. The government is taxing FOOD? Albeit, tasty, less important food. Still, pretty soon they'll tax the toilet you piss in...

1. Sales tax
2. Water bill

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

our governments actually pretty smart sometimes. just like cigarette and alcohol taxes. i mean yeah it sucks, but if youre gonna give people shit to kill themselves with or **** up their health, theyre gonna do it. we dont care. so the governments just really trying to help us by helping themselves. good shit.
mr. leeroy obama.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

The government is trying to get rid of things that it's lobbyist puppeteers find unappealing by taxing the living ass out of them (candy, guns, cigarettes, etc.).

Like I said earlier, it's fascism disguised as taxes.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

The government has been taxing food since america was founded, see: rye
Quote by dudetheman
The government is trying to get rid of things that it's lobbyist puppeteers find unappealing by taxing the living ass out of them (candy, guns, cigarettes, etc.).

Like I said earlier, it's fascism disguised as taxes.

Lol. If the government's overlords found cigarettes unappealing they'd have them outlawed (see: prohibition). Every time there's a cigarette bill the tobacco companies write it. Why do you think the bill about flavored cigarettes conveniently ignored the most popular flavor in the country (menthol)?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Broccoli.
I actually don't mind broccoli, I never understood all the hate. It's pretty bland tasting like lettuce.

Plus when I eat it I like to pretend like I'm an herbivorous T-rex uprooting trees, gnashing them in my 9 inch long teeth and being a badass.

Edit^: That pissed me off so much when I couldn't get my goddamned cloves anymore.
Quote by slash4114

Exactly did taxing cigarettes more make people stop smoking? NOPE