Hi, I've recently been trying to make a choice in buying a new guitar and I've been hesitating between the ESP MP-600 and the Jackson RR5FR could you guys please tell me which one would be best to play a metal music style like BFMV, COB, Ozzy Osbourne and Maiden.

Thank you, Emilioflex
You'd be better of with the RR5, since Mike's sig doesn't have a floyd for Maiden. Apart from that, it's still a bit overpriced, and the amp would play a more important role on BMFV's tone. Last RR5 I played had EMGs, so that would nail the first two, but Maiden might need an EQ pedal. EMG's pretty much generate their own tone via preamp, though. My $2k Gibson with EMG's sounds identical to a $300 Jackson with them. Worry more about the amp first, since it'll be much more important.
Well then, what amp do you think I should get (more for the BFMV sound). BTW the RR5FR has seymour duncans pups.
Last edited by Emilioflex at May 17, 2010,
I would suggest ESP over Jackson any day. I mean metallica plays ESP! I think thats reason enough
Lol.. well kirk used jacksons in the 80s, but if u like ozzy remember that randy designer the rhoads V and in that sense also jackson guittars (we wuld probably only have charvel if it weren't for that) and Adrian uses a san dimas which is a charvel (same company) so id go with Jackson
Eh.
Quote by handbanana
I would suggest ESP over Jackson any day. I mean metallica plays ESP! I think thats reason enough

lol ...

Take the RR5FR.....

I had it for a Jam session and its realy good for facemelting solos!!
But you might also want to change the licensed Floyd Rose to the original Floyd Rose...

And don´t forget that EMGs are not needed for a good Metal tone!
I saw Kirk play a Jackson RR and a Gibson Flying V. But if I were you I would buy the Jackson.
I say the LTD because it's a TOM bridge.

If you like to go from COB to Maiden and back I assume you change tunings a LOT.
Changing tunings on a floyd takes roughly 15 mins maybe more.
However if you can live with that then by all means I'd say go Jackson.
i wanted to say the jackson until the guy above me made a really good point, go esp

i have a jackson and an esp i like them both, they both have their unique sound

even if they both have emgs
Jackson.......no if's, and's, or but's about it.

Tune to D Standard(Cob stuff), and if you want to play Maiden throw a capo on the 2nd fret. No tunning required.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Don't compare guitars of the same class... We cannot give you a good answer since we have have different personal preference of what's good and bad. Only you can determine the best guitar for you. Go to a store and try them out next to each other is the best option.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i personally would get the jackson
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by hminh87
Don't compare guitars of the same class... We cannot give you a good answer since we have have different personal preference of what's good and bad. Only you can determine the best guitar for you. Go to a store and try them out next to each other is the best option.
+1

These threads are really useless IMO.
Quote by Himelnator
but if u like ozzy remember that randy designer the rhoads V

No waz doggg! Lyk i hads no ideas
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Well tbh if you look at it between Kirk and James, Metallica probably plays just about every style guitar at some point. For example I know James has the trademark ESP, but has been known to use a Gibson Les Paul and a '63 SG.

EDIT:Not that this really has any significance towards anything
^ it's funny that you keep bringing up metallica, sarcastic or not when the TS didn't even mention them.
Both really good guitars....the only huge diffrence is the fingerboard wood.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100