I currently have a DiMarzio Area '61, Area '58, Area '58 B/M/N set of pups on my Strat, and they sound amazing on top of that the hum-canceling makes them perfect; however, I was wondering if a Pro Track in the neck would be good for getting warmer, thicker jazz and fusion-type tones, since it mimics a vintage humbucker.

New topic is, what's a good neck pup for the Strat that will give a nice, warm, fat jazzy tone?
Last edited by John McLaughlin at May 18, 2010,
I have one in the neck of a Kramer Focus 6000, which is a very strat like sounding guitar. I like the sound, but for fusion sounds I don't know if it would do. I'm assuming you're looking for a Mahavishnu type sound, for which I would look at maybe a Cruiser Neck. I think it would have a wider dynamic range and fatter tone.
Quote by PerpetualBurn
I have one in the neck of a Kramer Focus 6000, which is a very strat like sounding guitar. I like the sound, but for fusion sounds I don't know if it would do. I'm assuming you're looking for a Mahavishnu type sound, for which I would look at maybe a Cruiser Neck. I think it would have a wider dynamic range and fatter tone.

Hmm thanks for the input, yeah partly that type of sound but also the warm electric jazz tone like Al Di Meola on Elegant Gypsy or John McLaughlin's clean electric tones; I very much like the "wider dynamic range and fatter tone", so I'll look into the Cruiser.

Just did the "Pickup Picker" on DiMarzio's website, came up with the BC-1, Air Norton S, and Pro Track. Anyone ever play these? Particularly the first two?
Last edited by John McLaughlin at May 17, 2010,