So I have an LTD EC-1000 (lefty) that played perfectly fine in drop C with Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky Strings (.11-.54). I brought my guitar to the store where I bought it and it is under warranty to get it setup for heavier strings, the Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings (.12-.56). When I got my guitar back there is some weird oscillating sounding buzz coming from the bridge whenever i play the 4th string open, or on the 7th, 8th, and 9th frets. I also get the same strange buzzing whenever I play the octaves of those notes as well.

I brought it back thinking it was the gauge of the strings (I'll admit I am sort of a noob at this aspect of guitars) and had them setup and put back on the .11-.54's. The damn frets still make the same buzzing sound and it is driving me crazy. I tried to research it online but couldn't find much where a note AND an octave were buzzing. Any help would be infinitely appreciated. Thanks.
take it back and tell the tech the problems you're having. this shouldn't be happening if the guitar was set up properly, tell them you want it fixed free of charge.
no, none of the strings are touching any frets, they are close on the first fret, but dont touch
is it a minor fix that I could do myself? I rather just knock it out really quick if I could do it instead of drive an hour and then lose my guitar for another few days for a 3rd time lol
Is the buzzing coming through when you play it on your amp?
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
it sounds to me, what is happening is the added stress from the heavier strings, are twisting the neck of the guitar, thus causing the strings, at the places you mentioned, to buzz. This not only creates the problematic buzzing, but you are also going to "warp" your neck, with that set-up! And this will render your guitar.... EEK!.... destroyed! You definetly need to take it back RIGHT NOW! And have the techie fix it, and yes FREE OF CHARGE! because obviosly, all he did was change your strings and charge you for it! In other words, he ripped you off!
If you want to fix this your self, just replace the strings to the lower guage 11's, and see how it sounds... I bet you, it would sound just like as when you took it to him to have the work done. If so, U can just do a truss rod adjustment, with the heavier strings, and see how that sounds... BtW... mahogany is not a goot choice of wood for the neck, to play at this low of tuning, and this heavy of a string guage... =/
it does come through the amp when I bleed out notes, and the place I took it too is Sam Ash lol, you'd think they'd be a little more professional than this. I had them set it up for .11-.54's when I first got it about a year and a half ago and it turned out perfect! Now they're just a headache
a lot of other bands play the ltd/esp eclipse model at drop c or lower tunings and they get by lol... I'm just the unlucky one
A solid Maple neck, is best for heavy guage strings, no matter the tuning. here's why... Maple is dense, and is classified as a "hardwood" wheres mahogany is classified as a "softwood" mahogany is great for standard, drop-D and e flat, at the most. and guage-wise, the heaviest you want to go is 10's. but if the neck is made of maple, then you can even put 12's or even 13's on there, and string it up in standard, and you will be one tough mofo, if you can play like that! But to satisfy your quandry, just try adjusting the truss rod, and MAYBE a slight string-height adjustment, and see how that works
and you are right, alot of heavy bands play with those guitars, and they sound amazing, so I understand why, but they also have hordes of techs that take care of their stuff for them.
No problem! I ran into this same issue before, and these suggestions are how I solved the problem! ROCK ON!