Does anybody know a song which starts clearly with a G note (not low but as the open string in pitch) ?
thanks
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Do you know what perfect pitch is?
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by 08L1V10N
Does anybody know a song which starts clearly with a G note (not low but as the open string in pitch) ?
thanks

No, you don't - that's the whole essence of perfect pitch, you hear them as absolutes.

You need a reference for relative pitch, which is what most musicians develop.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thank you Steven for properly explaining.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Cath by Death Cab For Cutie is the first song that comes to mind.

I'm not sure why you guys felt it was more important to suggest tuning forks and give wikipedia links, would it not be useful to use the first note of a song to start trying to develop your absolute pitch detection?
That's the whole point, it's NOT perfect pitch if you need a reference - perfect pitch is something you're born with.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's the whole point, it's NOT perfect pitch if you need a reference - perfect pitch is something you're born with.

this. it is possible, with excellent tonal memory and excellent relative pitch, to do the same things that someone with perfect pitch could do.

but even then, it's still not perfect pitch.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
You guys are funny. :P

People can learn how to identify and produce notes without any external reference by using methods like this. While this might not be the same 'perfect' absolute pitch like Mozart or the very small percentage of people who developed it very young I don't see why you need to try and correct the OP rather than assist him on his musical journey.

Ask me to sing you an E- I sing the first note of Master Of Puppetts. Ask for a G and you get Cath. Ask for a C# you get All Torn Down.

Rather than turn this into an argument as to what is perfect pitch maybe we could make a list of notes and easy songs to remember them?

C - Happy Birthday
C#/Db - All Torn Down
D - Pachelbel Canon in D Major
D#/Eb -
E - Master Of Puppets
F - Smells Like Teen Spirit
F#/Gb -
G -
G#/Ab - High And Dry
A - Stairway To Heaven
A#/Bb - Baby I've Got You (On My Mind)
B -

There is bound to be some better examples for some of these but I think Happy Birthday, Pachebel, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and Stairway To Heaven should stay.
Thanks man!
For D#/Eb I use Forever by Kamelot
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at May 17, 2010,
Whats a perfect pitch? Even if there is one, is it relative to who is hearing it?Hmm...
In this context it is no 'a' perfect pitch but just 'perfect pitch'. It is a skill I would suppose you would say.

Have a look at the wikipedia link posted earlier in the thread my friend.