yes!

info:
- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "im in" (or some terrible pun along those lines).
- The piece

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after February 1st, 2010 OR a first thread in S&L after February 1st, 2010 -- No exceptions!

If you fail to submit your piece on time, you will be deducted 1 point.
Point distribution:
1st place - 3pts
2nd place - 2pts
3nd place - 1pt

More info:
1) Prose is not allowed; aside from that, you can write anything you wish. accepted formats: songs, free verse poetry, classic poetry, etc. just try to keep it short.

2) it doesn't have to rhyme, but it can if you want.

3) When you have your piece done PM it to me. To Private Message (PM) you click on my name, go to where it says "send message" on the left side of my profile, then send me your piece. Please put the title in the message, and use the title "newbie comp, hee hee" for the subject

4) Once polls are up, vote in all other pairings that your piece is not in. You MUST NOT vote for your own piece or we will begin by removing fingers and toes and go from there.

in so far:
1) MH400
2) KTFM
3) ICOG
4) lXlchiodolXl
5) loganlong

Can I enter with a piece that I just made a thread for?

My join date is 08, but I only started using S+L a week ago.
RIP Tom Searle.
1 - The start of your first thread in S&L is plenty recent enough to make you eligible for this comp.

2 - Your recent piece fits the requirements.

3 - Have some fun. Write something new that no one else has seen. That way you can tell all your friends to vote in the comp, but they won't know which piece is yours. So they won't be biased.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm in. Im new to S&L, my first post in here was only a couple of weeks ago.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

im in.
this is my first post i in S&L i believe...
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
*bump*

i will be away for five or six days, but you guys can start sending in your pieces. if anyone else wants to join, post saying you're in and send something. due date will be about ten days from now, i'd say.
Ahh but wait I joined ages ago, but I havnt posted anything...am I still able to be in this competition?
Is this still open, or am I too late to sign up?
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
I think my impecable writing will be very interesting for this competition (Yup, I went down the bad pun road).

I've had this account for a while but I never started posting until April/May sometime, so I hope I qualify as a Newbie :P
I would like to be in as well. I joined a long ass time ago, but this is my first post ever lol.
So I'm back!

I Have no Soul: Sorry, your first thread in S+L dates back to '09. You're not eligible for this competition. You can take a shot at other comps we have going on at the moment, though.

Aoelian: Yes, this is still open in case you want to join.

The rest of you are in!

So far, I've recieved pieces from:

+ ICOG
+ IXIchiodoIXI
+ superdoor
+ loganlong
+ philmalone666
+ KTFM
+ Sexy Librarian

The rest of you: send in your pieces, you have two more days!
This is going to seem kind of stupid, but I'm having some issues PMing my poem to you cubs. I keep getting a 'too long' message, but it's only about 400 characters. Any particular method that I can use?
Quote by Skibolky
Thanks, man. It's on the way.
Quote by Skibolky
I had a similiar problem at first with the emails, but worked out it was because I had copy- pasted it from a word document into the message. If you type it up in the email it shouldnt be a problem.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

Sh*t, I missed it =/

Sorry, Cubs. I never sign up for anything unless I'll follow it through. I have the piece, just didn't submit.

Sorry =/
RIP Tom Searle.
I think its too late this time, seeing as the voting threads are now open, but I'm sure they will be having similiar competitions again in the future.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin