Does anyone have any good sites or advice for how I could learn to read notatio in music as opposed to tab? My guitar teacher tried to teach me but he failed epicly...

Cheers,

P.s. preferably something free or avalaible to buy in aus...
Last edited by gusash at May 18, 2010,
Easiest way to start is by doing, get some notation only books and start playing - if you're fluent in tab it shouldn't take you too long to pick up notation.

Also GP/powertab are pretty useful for learning stnadard
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The Christopher Parkening Art and Technique of the classical guitar books are great for laying a foundation, and teach you through learning classical songs. When you've learned how to read at a basic level, either keep learning classical songs, get a real book, or learn more contemporary songs through Guitar Pro. Depends on what style your playing.
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Get the first volume of the Berklee books, they will teach you to start playing with standard notation.
Inhuman evil take down!
Guitar Pro is the way. It will show you the music in Tablature and Notation.
Learn piano; to be honest, standard notation is a bit shit for guitar
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.