81 34%
No, it's his choice
116 49%
Yngwie Malmsteen rules!A
38 16%
Voters: 235.
Page 1 of 4
Pit

I have had a friend for close to ten years now and while i have always been there for him more or less, he really does not give a shit about my concern for him to be honest

He is 15, 16 in a few days and he smokes a pack of cigs nearly every 2 days and he is skipping school to go to an internet cafe and smoke weed with this other guy

Now i care about this guy, as he is the drummer in my band, and i know that if his dad found out he was doing weed or ANY type of drug at all, his dad would rip right into him, i mean possibly physical content ( nothing deadly of course, **** )

His dad is a standup, hardworking family man that is respectable but still has a good sense of humour and he would hit the ****ing roof if he found out

His mom on the other hand gives him 2 cigs a day and is more leniant towards this type of stuff

So i am considering telling his dad, in hope that this will snap some sense into my friend, as i am concerned for his health and his education, for he is skipping school to do weed and very soon, speed

I care about this guy and he just really doesn't give a shit about how i feel, i have told him that i care about him and that this other guy is a bad influence and his response was qoute '' lol ok ''

Your vote pit, should i clue his parents in and hopefully set him back on track?
Or continue to let him use his parents money to buy weed, speed and cigs
I think you should knock some sense into him, but not by telling on him. Show him the average tramp, and make sure to make clear that this will probably be him one day.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I should tell him it 2more times, and if he keeps saying ''lol ok'' You should just say **** you.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
No man, don't go ****ing around with your friend's parents. Talk to him face to face. If he doesn't respond with respect, then screw that guy, because something has obviously altered the way he lives and he isn't your friend anymore.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
It's his life, man. Besides, if a friend did that to me I wouldn't want to hang out with them.

Is it just weed and cigs? I mean, if the dudes popping pills or something then that's a different story.
Last edited by Kyle1029384756 at May 17, 2010,
Quote by valdean
It's none of your business really.
And weed isn't dangerous.

When your skipping school to buy it with your moms money on an usual routine, i think it is not just a physical hazard
Not your place to tell him off, but it's nice to show concern. You can blame the school system for sucking his willingness to learn right out of him. Once you get to university high school grades don't mean shit anyway.
Inhuman evil take down!
Yngwie Malmsteen does not in any sense rule.

But it seems his dad would have no idea how to deal with this sort of thing effectively. If nothing else, getting angry and hitting him is not "setting him back on track".

And there is a difference between being a burnout, and being an average teenager experimenting with drugs. Given your description, this could be either.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 17, 2010,
When your skipping school to buy it with your moms money on an usual routine, i think it is not just a physical hazard

That didn't make any sense.
Inhuman evil take down!
Don't worry, he's only a drummer. If his dad kills him, no one would miss him.

I kid, of course. Nah don't tell his Dad.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by CoreysMonster
aside from the speed part, what's wrong with smoking and weed?

There's nothing wrong with it, but when you're 15 and skipping school to do it, you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, but don't blame the weed.
If I drive a car recklessly and I crash, you don't blame the car.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Smoker butthurt in this thread. Lots of it.

I wouldn't tell his dad. If he's bringing your band down, fire him. If he doesn't care what you think, ditch him. It sucks, but some people won't take advice until it's all they can get.
Quote by 18th_Angel
That didn't make any sense.

ROFL

It so doesn't!

But it made sense in my mind when i wrote it

Quote by whalepudding
Yngwie Malmsteen does not in any sense rule.

But it seems his dad would have no idea how to deal with this sort of thing effectively. If nothing else, getting angry and hitting him is not "setting him back on track".

Of course maybe after some physical contact, there would be a huge stern and serious talk

And, considering this guys attitude towards school and myself and others included, i think it might be exactly what he needs

This is of course, my own opinion though, and i do not consider my self '' right '' or
'' correct '', in any way
I've never understood the point of parents physically harming their kids if they find out they do drugs. Its like they want to stop them harming themselves with drugs by getting mad and physically harming them.. Makes no sense..
I think you should tell him that you think it's all a bad idea and try and get him to stop, but you have to let him make that decision himself.
Quote by ShredHead396

If you try to criticise his current lifestyle/habits, no matter what you say or how tactfully you put it, he'll brush it off and do the exact opposite to what you want.

Besides I don't really see much of an issue here. Reality will soon kick in if there is a problem, and if he doesn't respond appropriately, well he's a loser who is not worth knowing or caring about.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the smoking weed and cigs part, but skipping school is a bad habit and if the weed is causing it, he needs to lose it (or at least choose a better time to do it). Honestly, just show your concern. If he doesn't care enough to take care of himself, then drop him. My brother was much the same way in high school, even if I showed concern, he didn't care. Eventually we stopped talking for almost 4 years.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Let him fuck up his own life and leave him to it. He won't change
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Take the stick out of your bum and let the poor boy live his life.

God, who tells parents?! you horrible person.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Take the stick out of your bum and let the poor boy live his life.

God, who tells parents?! you horrible person.

Pffft. telling parnts can be hilarious. For example, the time when I accidentally opened a letter to my parents about my brother being good at school...

So naturally I scan it into the computer, lift off the letterhead and signature, rewrite letter into a naughty letter, and told the parents I had simply opened it by mistake (whixh I did, in all fairness).

It's probably funnier when you tell parents things that didn't actually happen.
No, talk to him. Sit him down with some guy that used to do weed and got off it, he'll be able to talk him through why weed is bad (not my opinion, I don't smoke, but more out of not being arsed with that stuff), and bumming up his education. Just sit him down and talk to him. If he starts to get a bit touchy, it means he agrees but is trying to fight the battle within his own head.

Don't tell his parents, that'll just jeopardize your friendship, and won't deter him, and it'll probably just make it more likely for him to want to keep doing it.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pffft. telling parnts can be hilarious. For example, the time when I accidentally opened a letter to my parents about my brother being good at school...

So naturally I scan it into the computer, lift off the letterhead and signature, rewrite letter into a naughty letter, and told the parents I had simply opened it by mistake (whixh I did, in all fairness).

It's probably funnier when you tell parents things that didn't actually happen.

Yeah, screwing people's lives up isn't funny though.

My sister's favourite used to be *random thing she wants me to do* OR I'LL TELL DAD YOU'RE PREGNANT!

Ugh, I remember why I hate her so much now.
You should tell his dad, videotape how he beats his ass and post the video here...
^ What is this primary school?

I know that if i do tell his dad, he will get his ass beat verbally and likely as not, physically, but not in a life threatening way ( lol )

I know, it sounds horrible and immature, but i think this is the only way to snap him out of this madness, aside from him contracting lung cancer and being in hospital

Does anyone see where i'm going with this...
Quote by ShredHead396

I know that if i do tell his dad, he will get his ass beat verbally and likely as not, physically, but not in a life threatening way ( lol )

I know, it sounds horrible and immature, but i think this is the only way to snap him out of this madness, aside from him contracting lung cancer and being in hospital

Yes, I see where you are going with this.

You have a stick up your ass about people doing drugs and you are thinking of ruining your friends life for what is not actually that serious.

He is not suffering from madness, he is just living his life.

He is not going to get lung cancer from smoking a little bit of weed.

He is NOT going to end up in hospital, unless you order his dad to attack him for having a bit of fun.

Grow up and go find some equally uptight friends to tattle on, leave this poor boy alone.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, screwing people's lives up isn't funny though.

My sister's favourite used to be *random thing she wants me to do* OR I'LL TELL DAD YOU'RE PREGNANT!

Ugh, I remember why I hate her so much now.

Calm down, it was just a jest. Of course I'm not condoning ruining lives

And you really should've answered to your sister "Well, I'll tell him it's yours!" just to confuse her.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Calm down, it was just a jest. Of course I'm not condoning ruining lives

And you really should've answered to your sister "Well, I'll tell him it's yours!" just to confuse her.

I know, I know, but not all siblings are as light-hearted as that
Quote by ShredHead396

We all do, and you're wrong. It won't make him snap out of it, it'll make him angry and bitter and resentful toward both you and his parents. And FFS, he's 15. It's quite possible he'll change on his own.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
We all do, and you're wrong. It won't make him snap out of it, it'll make him angry and bitter and resentful toward both you and his parents. And FFS, he's 15. It's quite possible he'll change on his own.

The TS was born in 1983, I think a 27 year old should have more maturity and common sense to grass on his friend...

And Deliriumbassist, maybe I will, I hope she's grown out of that though
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yes, I see where you are going with this.

You have a stick up your ass about people doing drugs and you are thinking of ruining your friends life for what is not actually that serious.

He is not suffering from madness, he is just living his life.

He is not going to get lung cancer from smoking a little bit of weed.

He is NOT going to end up in hospital, unless you order his dad to attack him for having a bit of fun.

Grow up and go find some equally uptight friends to tattle on, leave this poor boy alone.

Alright, asswipe, let me point out the huge pile of fail in this post

1.I don't care if people do drugs, but this is affecting his schooling and a friendship

2.How do you know this will ruin his life, do you know him? do you even know how his dad would likely react, aside from what i have said on this forum? how can you even pass judgement on how his dad will react?

3.I didn't say he was suffering from madness, i used madness as a description of all these negative events tied together

4.Know that when i said that about cancer, i was talking about the weed, AND the fact that he smokes a full pack of cigs usually every 2-3 days

5.Who are you to say what will happen in the near and distant future? are you psychic? do you have esp? sorry, we can't all be a god damn qualifed mind reader like yourself

6.Uptight? who's the lame sumbitch that is having a go at a guy because he is concerned for his mate and is considering a possible way to help him?

How about you get the stick of out your vagina mistress Ibanez and think your shit through before you have a go at someone

EDIT: and yes, if his dad found out, he would snap him into line so fast his head would spin, this man is tough, but very fair, and i say this with full confidence
Last edited by ShredHead396 at May 17, 2010,
Honestly, I know he's your friend and you mean the best, but if he's going to jump off a proverbial cliff, let him. Neither pushing him off or holding his hand while he jumps is going to help.

Example: My (ex)best friend of 15 years dropped out of school, started selling pot, and has in general thrown his life away. In the end, even after being closer then brothers for 15 years, he ended up not caring, I gave up trying to snap him into reality, and we haven't spoken for over a year now.

Its not exactly the same situation, but my point is that some people will just do what they want to do, and its not your responsibility to spend your time trying to straighten them out. If reality hits him, great. If not, let him make his own mistakes, and if he doesn't care about what you're saying, then maybe its time to stop trying to talk him out of it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Page 1 of 4