Hey,

im currently playing thorough a vox ad30VT and although it can get a good range of sounds its missing out on the higher gain settings even on the higher gain settings on the amp there is still somthing missing.

the problem is my previous amp (i havent been playing properly for 3 years) was an ENGL powerball and i know i wont get that quality of sound from the VOX but id like to get a bit closer then the amp itself alone is allowing me.

im playing with a custom shamray PRS 'replica' with EMG 85/81 mahogany neck and body ebony fretboard so i know the guitar is up for it so im just after advice on pedals.

cheers guys/gals in advance.

budget is a bit tight but ill see what is offered as its always flexible
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Jackson RR24 White with black bevels
what type of music do u play? any bands?

u should change ur amp but if ur budget is tight get a distortion pedal for now. if u like ur amps distortion but want a bit more gain, maybe get an eq pedal
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i play anything from Goo Goo Dolls to The Damned to The Offspring to Rammstein to CoB to Slayer with some SOAD and Cradle of Filth thrown in when im in the mood.

this is why im after a pedal as the vox does the lower level distortions quite well but struggles with the higher gain needs.

i dont play in a band so a new amp is out of the question as the vox is perfect for just playing at home, also budget is an issue for the next few months atleast possibly longer
CS-1985 Pics
metal muff maybe?

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
digitech hardwire tl-2 metal distortion
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by insatanity
get a new amp.

Cheers for the help, ive already stated i cant afford a new amp at the moment and the vox is great for most of my needs i just want a bit more from it with the addition of the pedal.

cheers for the help so far though guys im gonna pop in my local guitar shop shortly see what they have on offer.
CS-1985 Pics
Behringer UM300 if you want boss metalzone style gain.

Behringer TO800 vintage tube screamer to push the amp a little more.

Digitech Hot Head distortion for hard rock style tones.

Any other pedal would probably cost as much as a new Vox VT30 amp.
The OD isn't gonna sound very great on modeler, it's got nothing to push! All you're gonna get is harshness in your tone.

What is your budget?

You'd want a distortion pedal running through the clean channel. Look at a Monte Allums or a Keeley modded MT2. If you can scrape enough together, get a Wampler Triple Wreck.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
my budget was aoround the £40 mark but ive just been browsing ebay and the price i can sell the ad30vt for around the same as i could pick up a used Vypyr 15/30 so im gonna see if i can demo one of these and possibly do a trade of sorts through ebay.
CS-1985 Pics