Libraries pay fees that go towards paying artists and authors for their works
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
people actually PAY to borrow the books from a library.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
you return the books but returning the song is pointless cause they already have it?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Assuming you are talking about libraries with music, than this is why: listening to a borrowed CD does not result in the borrower obtaining a copy of the music. Only if they copy it onto their computer than return it can it be likened to pirating, and that's a result of the borrower's actions, not the library's.

A library is a system by which you borrow and return things. You still violate copyright laws if you make a photocopy of a book and distribute it freely.
Quote by genghisgandhi
They do? Are you sure?

England and a bunch of other EU countries have or are implementing this system. This is not practiced in the US, however.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by red157
Both are things I and all other music pirates do regularly while illegally downloading music.

Oh really?
I usually just drink whiskey out of the secret flask in my wooden leg.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by the bartender
people actually PAY to borrow the books from a library.

Well you're getting jipped, cause I don't.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I think he means taxes, but the point remains.

I don't know about murica, but here in the netherlands we actually have to pay if we want to borrow something from the library
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
^ In the US you don't generally pay unless you lose a book or you're late returning it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by the bartender
I don't know about murica, but here in the netherlands we actually have to pay if we want to borrow something from the library

Shame, nowhere else does.
Because Gun-stores are legal but Black market Arms stalls are not.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by hobson111
Shame, nowhere else does.

Borrowing books in the schools/uni library is free too. Only the public libraries cost you money. Not a lot though, couple of cents I thought.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Borrowing books in the schools/uni library is free too. Only the public libraries cost you money. Not a lot though, couple of cents I thought.
They're free where I'm from.
Quote by genghisgandhi
They do? Are you sure?

Libraries pay for the music they buy, and then they lend out their music, they don't GIVE their music away, they just lend the music.

Just like you would let your friend borrow your cd's (if you purchase cd's anymore)
DeVillains!
The difference is that musicians have souls, authors do not.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by punkman_123
The difference is that musicians have souls, authors do not.

AUTHORS HAVE SOULS!!! K, broskis?

On topic, libraries pay for the books and music they buy. It's not like Stephen King and Michael Jackson go around to libraries and hand their stuff out for free. Whereas when you're pirating music you don't pay for it so no money is going to the artist. Why do you think when a book is late or you lose a book you have to pay them a certain amount of money? It's because that shit ain't free or cheap.
I was under the impression that (at least in Britain) libraries in general were subsidised by the government and that money went to general upkeep, wages and an agreed fee to the authors.

Libraries are legal in the same way spotify is legal.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
When I take out a library book I scan all of the pages and then print out my own copy at the expense of nothing but 395 sheets of 8 and 1/2 by 11 printer paper and 6 hours of my time. I return the book immediately so I don't have to pay any late fees on it as well.