If say, a nuclear power attacked the USA what do you think would be the appropriate response?

I know a lot of people take it for granted that we would nuke them back but I really don't feel comfortable with killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people who had nothing to do with the attacks at all because "they started it."
Start crying.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The response would be a tactical nuclear strike
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Why not? Wouldn't be the first time USA has nuked civilians.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Bendybaws

This. It doesn't matter that it's wrong, it's the symbolism of it. America wants to be the one with the biggest wang, and so they will kill as many innocent people as it takes to reinforce themselves as the bully instead of the victim.
Quote by Kensai
Why not? Wouldn't be the first time USA has nuked civilians.

Yeah, because invading Japan with an expected 10 million US soldier casualties woyld have been much more humane.

EDIT: Your fucking image link is broken, now I look like a dumbass

Also, to add to the thread we discussed this in my world history class and we came to the conclusion that if anyone ever nuked anyone, people would just start launching them at each other like crazy and we'd go into a nuclear winter.
love is love // return to dust
Last edited by tancanada at May 17, 2010,
Quote by tancanada
Yeah, because invading Japan with an expected 10 million US soldier casualties woyld have been much more humane.

EDIT: Your fucking image link is broken, now I look like a dumbass

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
This. It doesn't matter that it's wrong, it's the symbolism of it. America wants to be the one with the biggest wang, and so they will kill as many innocent people as it takes to reinforce themselves as the bully instead of the victim.
I'm not asking what they would do, rather what they should do.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I'm not asking what they would do, rather what they should do.

Lol you think there's a correct way of dealing with "Millions of innocent citizens died. what should we do? Do the same to them or let it blow over?"
Leave a dog turd in a burning bag on the doorstep of the Kremlin
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by boreamor
Lol you think there's a correct way of dealing with "Millions of innocent citizens died. what should we do? Do the same to them or let it blow over?"
False dichotomy.
Scare those Chinese shitless with your healthcare plan. ....Did I say China? I meant..Maldives.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Bendybaws

This, likely a small scale nuclear device designed to disable military targets.

This is all however depending on who fires the weapon...if it is a terrorist organization who got their hands on a nuke, then nuclear retaliation may not be necessary.
Bombing raids and large scale ground mobilization will probably be the likely route taken. It would also probably be other nations that step in to help neutralize the threat.

If it were a nuclear state such as North Korea, then a tactical nuclear strike would be necessary simply because it is easy to assume they would have more.

If it were a country like Russia then we all pull out our lawn chairs put on some sun glasses and wait for the end.
Quote by Bendybaws
Leave a dog turd in a burning bag on the doorstep of the Kremlin

Hello, is that the Kremlin? I'm looking for a friend of mine, first name Ivanna, second name Likabollock.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Bullshit. If you think for even a second that the UK wouldn't rain hell upon a nation that nuked London you're naive beyond stupid.
The entire premise of if you nuke us we'll nuke you is enough of a premise to prevent any body from nuking anybody.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
A tactical nuclear strike, like people already said.

Obviously, atomizing a whole metropolis wouldn't be an appropriate, "civilized" response to such an unlikely scenario. Meticulously turning all the adverse military potential to ashes with precisely aimed tactical warheads would be.

But I can't see any country that would take the risk to trigger a nuclear response from the USA. North Korea's ballistic missiles can't reach much further than California, and they are highly unreliable. China and Russia seek influence through economic growth rather than military power. France, the UK, Pakistan, India and Israel are US allies. And Iran isn't even able to use nuclear power for energy supply.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by Jackal58
Bullshit. If you think for even a second that the UK wouldn't rain hell upon a nation that nuked London you're naive beyond stupid.
The entire premise of if you nuke us we'll nuke you is enough of a premise to prevent any body from nuking anybody.

Gotta agree here, no one wants to be nuked themselves (unless they are suicidal which may be a real possibility) and therefore it's a detterant.

I still think we should be getting rid of the nukes though, but that goes for everyone too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If we get nuked, I will gladly look to Boris Johnson as our Saviour and follow what he deems necessary. Those nuclear missile firing oiks won't know what hit them...

A nuke you say? Do not fear, for I am on my way!

Haha, I remember when he saved a girl from some random dudes, like a modern Zorro on his shiny bicycle.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by Zoot Allures
Gotta agree here, no one wants to be nuked themselves (unless they are suicidal which may be a real possibility) and therefore it's a detterant.

I still think we should be getting rid of the nukes though, but that goes for everyone too.

Agreed 110% Towards that end I propose all nations that posses nuclear weapons dispose of them tomorrow at 2pm GMT. Send them all to N. Korea for safe keeping.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

Aye. Unfortunately, we don't live in a world of moral ideals. Retaliation would be the right response even though it hurts me to say so.

O Hai!
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by guitarhero_764
If say, a nuclear power attacked the USA what do you think would be the appropriate response?

I know a lot of people take it for granted that we would nuke them back but I really don't feel comfortable with killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people who had nothing to do with the attacks at all because "they started it."

It would be a tactical strike, against there airfields and military installations, not against the civilian population. Or at least most of the strikes would be.

PSN ID: ArranP
As already said before, a tactical strike against military installations then a huge aerial bombardment and finally a ground force would move in. Just watch season 2(?) of 24 for an insight on what would actually happen.

But tbh, nuclear power scares the shit out of me, especially as a small amount of military grade uranium can do a hell of a lot of damage. Obama's doing the right thing by trying to cut down on them. And if a nuclear device does go off in a western city, it'd most likely be a terrorist organisation rather than a country like Iran or North Korea, so a nuclear response wouldn't be effective and if a nuclear response did occur for a terrorist attack, it would probably make more people sympathetic towards the terrorists
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Like a few people stated, a tactical nuclear response would be needed (in the case of a country to country war and not necessarily a terrorist attack). As much as people don't like the idea of having to possibly launch one in retalliation, most all countries that have nukes have placed themselves in the situation where if they're attacked by another country in that way, they'll practically HAVE to use the nukes.

Say for example N. Korea hits a couple targets with nukes, and (whichever country, almost doesn't matter) decides "Oh, but nukes are so bad, we'll just go with a ground strike." Right there, N. Korea would have proved one thing, that they're willing to use the nuke when the other country isn't. At that point, they'll have the upper hand. Not to mention that if N. Korea attacked and wasn't retalliated against, who's to say another country wouldn't begin to think the same thing? "They're too scared to use 'em against N.K., they probably won't use 'em against us either and all that talk about using nukes was bull."

By stock piling them in the first place, they've set themselves up for their use whether they want to or not.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."