Page 1 of 2
I don't actually see the similarities.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Tool is so boring.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Oh god the comments

"In hundreds of years when people look back to the music of the 20th century, Tool will stick out as having been so far ahead of their time that most people couldn't even fathom the beauty. It really is that good. Every album of theirs from undertow onwards can easily be regarded one of the best works of art in human history."

" please forgive this selfish question. but what am i to say to all these ghouls tonight" best lyrics by any band ever in the history of this earth

"these guys r complete geniuoses and i cant beleve how incredible this is"

"it is. thats exactly correct. im more towards APC than tool however. but maynard is one of my greatest role models AND idols (maybe they both mean the same thing but) i look up to him and although i would sound conceited if i said i feel what he feels and i see what he sees i do feel like i can feel sympathy for all the mixed emotions i believe he felt/feels"

Behold the mystery of life swirling around again. I have the ultimate connection with this song. Tripped out never ending story style.

Fucking Tool fans...
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Lots O' FX
Oh god the comments

Fucking Tool fans...

I love the "best lyrics ever" one. Really dude? You've never come across lyrics better than that?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
funny story i got about tool fans.
im sitting at a pizza joint with my cousin and a few of his friends, who i met that day when we start talking about music and eventually one of them asked me if i liked tool. i say that i think the music is ok and listenable but what annoys me are tool fans. i go on to say that tool fans always act like tool is the greatest band ever and whenever someone else says otherwise that they try to disprove it but really it's just ends up to be a really long conversation that ends with WELL TOOL RULES AND YOUR MOTHER IS A *****. by the time i finish that sentence everyone is looking at me laughing except one kid sitting next to me who's jaw is dropped in disgust. my cousin tells me that i described the kid i was sitting next to perfectly about his music tastes and how he acts about it. then i just couldn't stop laughing as he tried to tell me that Tool was the greatest band ever. xD
Dick+strings= owww
The drummer in my band likes Tool. He's never argued about how amazing they are, but he might if he had the chance.
It realy depends on the person I guess, it pains me to say this but Tool is the equivalent to th Jonas Brother in the Prog. Metal community. Some Tool fans are complete assholes who have no other regards for other music other than Tool. Tool is my favourite band, and that whole worshipping them and disregarding other bands or genres of music is contrary to their spirit. Tool is about being open minded enough to let the music take you to places you've never been before, and shutting out other types that could have the same effect is just.. weird.
Quote by sachin_342
It realy depends on the person I guess, it pains me to say this but Tool is the equivalent to th Jonas Brother in the Prog. Metal community. Some Tool fans are complete assholes who have no other regards for other music other than Tool. Tool is my favourite band, and that whole worshipping them and disregarding other bands or genres of music is contrary to their spirit. Tool is about being open minded enough to let the music take you to places you've never been before, and shutting out other types that could have the same effect is just.. weird.

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by sachin_342

Totally d00d, it's like Maynard is some kind of ethereal rock n' roll fairy that's come to use his music to sever the line between the physical and spirit world and truly open our minds to all the inner truths and revalations of the universe and everything in it, he gives us the will to look at this world and say "I want to see what wonders are beyond this little blue marble."

And their logo is a wrench cock which is pretty ballin'
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at May 19, 2010,
Anybody know what a "soundscape" is?

No? Didn't think so. Music critics like to to say it though.
Quote by werty22
Anybody know what a "soundscape" is?

No? Didn't think so. Music critics like to to say it though.

It's a term used by boring musicians to justify why their boring music is so skullfuckingly boring.
I like some ambient/electronica/post rock in small doses though.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
I really like a lot of post-rock stuff like 65daysofstatic and Explosions in the Sky.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Just listened to The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place a little while ago, was quite good. Sigur Ros is still my favorite post rock band though.
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Not actually a fan
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Weeeeeeeeird....
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
That cover was crap imo
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
In the brief time I've looked at the youtube comments for Tool if you basically replace the words "Tool's music" or "Tool" with "drugs" you essentially get the same thing.

Not that you'll have to replace it since everyone is also eager to tell you how much better they are on drugs. When pressed on how stupid that is to use as a defense of a band's quality, they will simply tell you they don't understand.

Long story short Tool is a band and their fans are apparently unaware of this fact, putting Tool on a pedestal and treating it like a sacred cultural institution.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
This elicited the typical brain-dead, boring, obnoxious, irrelevant comments that are prevalent and almost certainly ubiquitous in the punk forum. I'm glad I don't post here very much.
Yes. Posters here seem to be quite boorish. The prevalence of these pig-headed posters is of the utmost concern to me, as the notability of this internet establishment. I do my best to adjudicate these altercations, but alas, I can't banish everybody. I'll be elated when these brutes adhere to the rules the high ups beget to us.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I can study for the SATs too.

Actually I can't and that's why I go to Community College.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown

I could have studied for the SAT's, but I didn't feel like it. I probably sat around listening to Jawbreaker instead. That's why my scores, while still pretty good, were not as impressive as they could have been. Ah well, c'est la vie.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at May 20, 2010,
I pretty much gave up four sections in. So I got an awful, awful score. My ACT score was better, and good enough for CC, but not good at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by ss311
This elicited the typical brain-dead, boring, obnoxious, irrelevant comments that are prevalent and almost certainly ubiquitous in a thread about Tool. I'm glad I don't listen to Tool.

Fixed
That's what i honestly expected this to say.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by RockThe40oz
When he started writing boring articles for UG

Makes sense

Down with the man, oi oi oi and all that shit
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I did a practice test before I took the SAT, but I don't think it really made any difference. I've never bothered to study reading or vocabulary stuff, and I was pretty comfortable with the math. I think I did better on the SAT than the ACT. I like the structure (shorter tests) better.
Page 1 of 2