just wondering if this bass tone sound ok to you bass players

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1610178/heha.mp3

made drums in under 10 min so dont focus on those yet
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

It's alright, sounds pretty synthesised mind.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

the tone itself will do alright in a mix, but it does sound pretty crappy on its own. The timing is too robotic. Midi bass yes?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
yep its midi, been trying to humanize it as much as i can :P guess ill have to work more on velocity and timing offset

yeah thats a great twangy clean sound probly be a good slap tone for those enthusiasts out there
do you like it? If you answer yes, look to response A. If you answered no, look to response B.

A) Then its a good tone.

B) then its a bad tone. Change it. Then repeat the process stated in the reply message
^ bass tone come from the playing, since its midi there no playing, so im asking bass players what they think because ive never touched a bass before

It's too much bass IMO, you should add some mid frequencies, the kickdrum totally eats up the tonality of the bass.
Baaaaaaazz
Quote by QvistDK
It's too much bass IMO, you should add some mid frequencies, the kickdrum totally eats up the tonality of the bass.

Yea, it's all lows. I couldn't hear it at all until I put in some headphones. In a full mix it'd be completely swallowed.
Quote by Jaekae
now it is definitely hearable, which probably is a good thing

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1610178/wheaawehaweawesf.mp3

Third time's the charm.

A little too much twang though. Not my cup of tea, but alot of other people like it, and I think that tone is the best your gonna get with MIDI.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Yea maybe a bit metallic but really you should wait until you have the full mix before you tinker with it much more.
The tawngyness will help it stand out in a mix but some of it will be subdued overall.
no sig for joo
you should probably try and nail the tone when the rest of the track has been recorded. it will sound completely different in context to a thick guitar tone.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I would get rid of the lows under 50Hz, boost 400 and 800, and boost 2500. But that's just me.