Any Rangemaster clone will do nicely.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
BSM Treble Booster (re-issue, unless you're lucky and rich). It was used by Rory Gallagher, and quite ofthen with an AC-30, so you know it'll sound AWESOME.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Whichever one Brian May used, which I believe was a Rangemaster, but I've been wrong before. If tight for cash I'm sure the little EHX one would work fine.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Whichever one Brian May used, which I believe was a Rangemaster, but I've been wrong before. If tight for cash I'm sure the little EHX one would work fine.

I read in an interview with BM that he actually asked Rory Gallaher once, "How the hell do you get your sound", and Rory replied: "BSM treble boost and Vox Ac-30", and according to the article, May started using the same set-up a lot.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by mcraddict81592

I have a EHX screaming bird. I doubt it'd work very well with an AC30. It's quite an extreme treble boost. It could work fairly well for the "non top boost" channel on an AC30, but it might sound a bit thin and nasal still, especially on the low strings. I've only found one amp that it doesn't sound nasal with and that's my HH electronic. It is of limited use, and not particularly good quality either - i do have a good use for it (only just) and i'm glad to have it, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Unless of course mine's just a trashy one and they actually are meant to sound better than that?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
A Rangemaster clone would be good E.g. JMI Treble Booster - http://www.jmiamplification.com/

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I35xM4xuO7k

Or if you're handy with a soldering Iron, you could always build a rangemaster, quite an easy build.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at May 17, 2010,