Underoath is one of my all time favorite bands. Hands down, I think they're one of the best hardcore bands that's ever been made. I loved Dallas Taylor's vocals in the original lineup, but I have to say I find Spencer Chamberlain's vocals much better and overall easier to understand. I think the best album they ever released was "They're Only Chasing Safety." Thoughts?
Yeah they WERE decent. I dont think they will be the same now that Aaron Gillespie has left. He was the person that put the melody into play, really boosted a lot of their songs. It will be interesting to see what they will do without him, im thinking heavier.
I just can't believe Aaron left. I mean he was the ONLY original member from the original lineup. He's been on every album, and now he won't be on the next one. I can't imagine underoath without him.
Not hardcore. They're metalcore and it's the same. I think they're pretty good. I recently satrated listenign to the stuff with Dallas and I'm really liking it. Dallas is awesome. Maylene and the Sons of Diseaster are such a good band (that's his current band).
I'm not a particular fan of Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, but they're not bad. I'm glad Dallas got a new band after Underoath. He's a talented guy.
i actually liek spencer's vocals more. Underoath is definitely one of my favorite bands.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850313&highlight=Underoath+thread

Seriously.

Anyway, i feel the latest album is the best. It kind of killed two birds with one stone so to speak. They got heavier and more agrresive and also less whiny noob scene kids will latch onto them.

And the whole aaron thing. They'll move on and become stronger without him. When i seen them live Tim did a great job singing "a boy brushed red living in black and white". His voice is very similar to aarons.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal