Dusk Tiger.

Hot damn - this will change electric guitars forever more, all the rest just became "old technology"!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Dusk-Tiger.aspx

Anyone laid hands on one yet who can report?

Cheers
Madness takes its toll - please have correct change handy!

[img]http://991.com/newgallery/The-Amazing-Rhythm-Aces-Too-Stuffed-To-Ju-496385.jpg[/img]
He's right, it will change guitar technology forever. A reputable company is now making overpriced digital crap. Gibson's days are numbered.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
to me personally, it looks like crap.
even the tiger looks pissed
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
to me personally, it looks like crap.
even the tiger looks pissed

Too true too true!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Robot guitars are old technology. Gibson is just the only manufacturer with management incompetent enough to believe that consumers want to buy them.
As soon as the Robot guitars came out people thought that guitar technology would be changed forever; it wasn't. Yes, it's cool and would be nice to have one, but they cost too much. You could get a custom guitar and tune it manually for the price of a Dusk Tiger, probably even less than the price of one, so I predict they will never really commercially successful until they lower the price by about $1500.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I HATE Gibson for buying off the exclusive of motor tuners technology and kept it all for themselves.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

the robot function is only one small facet of the dusk tiger guitar.

the ability to switch between preset tones is more what it's about.

stacked p-90, burstbucker pro and 6 piezo pick ups.

add in the chameleon tone technology and you have some 28 preset tones at your disposal. you can program over some of those for your own preset tones.

you can also add in custom tunings you create and add them into the bank of tunings for the robot portion.

All that said, i'm not a fan. they were $4000 or abouts, and are now $2500. Why? They don't appeal to 95% of Les Paul players.

Here's what's up for this year if they get out from under water. They had planned on running a bunch of these 2010 Les Paul Standards.

same stuff, different package. and now it's a standard. but only a limited run.

i dunno, not my taste anyway.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Dear Gibson,

I cannot play a tiger. I would appreciate it if you made guitars, instead of tigers. Thx.

Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
overpriced digital garbage!

guitars are becoming so easy to use and robotized that in a few years we wouldn't have to play them..they will play by themselves...

for gods sake why cant people tune by themselves?that is a skill that you should develop if you're a musician
Quote by deathmetallist3
overpriced digital garbage!

guitars are becoming so easy to use and robotized that in a few years we wouldn't have to play them..they will play by themselves...

for gods sake why cant people tune by themselves?that is a skill that you should develop if you're a musician

Not many companies sell autotuning guitars really and they're not popular at all
It seems like most of Gibson's newer ideas... or at least products... are a reach from a dying company. I don't know if they're financially set or what, but it LOOKS like desperation.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
When they first came out i thought it was genious, but after I thought about it with the automatic tuning and all the other crap it just seems to me like they're taking away some of what makes you a guitar player. And its all presets, I like to mess around with tones everytimes I play I don't want it all preset. Pretty soon they're gonna be like and guess what?! You dont have to play it! just plug your ipod into it and it plays for you! Just my two cents...
Quote by swordsofplague
He's right, it will change guitar technology forever. A reputable company is now making overpriced digital crap. Gibson's days are numbered.

Wrong.

Its just because its Gibson, and people like you that jump on band wagons. If say, PRS did it, everyone would hail the company as 'amazing' and 'innovative', so what if Gibson are changing and exploring. Quit bitching.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by TomG10-7
Wrong.

Its just because its Gibson, and people like you that jump on band wagons. If say, PRS did it, everyone would hail the company as 'amazing' and 'innovative', so what if Gibson are changing and exploring. Quit bitching.

No, PRS wouldn't get praise for it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
i think the most "out there" design that i'd love to own (by gibson, that is) would be the dark fire. i don't really see the need for a robot guitar, but i might feel completely different if i held one. it might be very cool to be able to switch tunings so easily and have the guitar KEEP itself in tune for you. especially with a 24.75" scale with any sort of down tuning. thats always such a pain in the ass to keep in tune.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Gibson's quality control has been dropping, from rusted strings and unfinished fretboards/frets to TOMs upside down... Gibson isn't what it used to be... But what the hell, who am I to say that, I'm just a boy
Quote by TomG10-7

It’s not Gibson hate. Japanese guitar makers tried selling robot guitars before Gibson did, and people hated those, too.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Dear Gibson,

I cannot play a guitar. I would appreciate it if you made guitars that play themselves. Thx.

Fixed
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Oh look. Useless features no one will need. I can see cheap DIY studios using a FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR GUITAR. Lower the price, make a pretty model and allow it to be phantom powered through the XLR jack.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
Pretty obvious some people didn;t read the whole web page and links , video's etc.

Fancy winging about the pre sets? Heck if you looked at the software vid you'd see you can program every damn pre set yourself to whatever tonne you like or create.

Yeah - it comes with pre sets but your not restricted to those - its up to you what pre sets you program in.

The ability to drop tune it pretty much instantly via the robotic tuning, means the ability to play many any mix of genres within a session without a separate guitar tuned specifically for each, one guitar does it all.

The chamelion facility removes the need for all different guitars with different pickups - the ability to fade from one type of pickup to another (piezo to magnetic) across all the programmed pre sets as well means infinite combination's.

You know the day of the string-less guitar is not far off. Make and break infrared or laser beams to replace the strings & electrostatic touch sensitive fingerboard/frets, would eliminate the need for strings...with digital robotic tuning.

As some have said - the day won't be far away when guitars will even play themselves, just as the old roller piano's played themselves in the past.

Whether it will catch on?...

Course not - non of us old pharts have ipods or Iphones or laptops or mobile phones or blue-tooth or, or, or,..... we all use typewriters and post letters to each other with stamps - to hell with the intranet, heck we all still tune by tuning forks and ear, don't we?

No place for new technology in music, thats why we all play the harpsichord these days don't see anyone using electronic keyboards and synthesizers now do you?

What a bunch a wankers!

Cheers
Madness takes its toll - please have correct change handy!

[img]http://991.com/newgallery/The-Amazing-Rhythm-Aces-Too-Stuffed-To-Ju-496385.jpg[/img]
I personally dont like it. It reminds me of those "moog" guitars, where you have the option to give it infinite sustain and junk. IMO it takes the fun and the right of passage of tone away that so many for years have tried to obtain. With stuff like this it'll only be a matter of time till someone like Paris Hilton can achieve EVH status in a flip of a switch. Can you just imagine not too long from now there will be a guitar with settings that can range from Kirk Hammetts bluesy wha-wha solo tone to Pink Floyds whacked out tones with just a flip of a switch. It pretty much renders pedals, pickups, effect boards, learning ear to pitch, all useless. IMO Gibson Tiger is an Epic Fail in Legendary proportions.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by icaneatcatfood

I wasn't trying to insult you, I was trying to insult Gibson, by saying that by getting more modern-day tech stuff, eventually their just gonna make guitars that play themselves.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
I think the Dusk Tiger answers the question "When does a guitar stop being a guitar?" I'm not against innovation - even radical innovation - but Gibson seems to be cramming way too many things into it that belong on the floor, rather than in the guitar. I'm sure the build quality is fine and some people probably like the looks (I do not), but I prefer to focus on the elements of the instrument rather than on a bagful of gimmicks. Between the gimmicks and the high price, I don't think that the Dusk Tiger is long for the world.

This sort of thing is nothing new for Gibson. The old Les Paul Recording model had way too many doodads back in the 70's. The low impedance pickups were definitely groundbreaking, but the rest of the stuff was overkill. And that guitar looks plain compared to the Dark Fire and the Dusk Tiger.

If you want a guitar that is more electronic than electric, I recommend the Moog. I think it is a better system all around.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Lol ik a kid who own a dark fire, the tuners broke and he had to "hack" the guitar's computer system so it could tune itself again.... U want to be a nerd or a guitarist... btw hes fat and rich he also has a 45k guitar... so u wanna be a fat spoiled nerd or a guitarist, and he sucks at playing it
Eh.
i wouldnt own that guitar if you gave it to me. i would sell it and buy one of my choosing. A - its uglier than a bucket full of a**holes B- the dark fire pretty much does the same thing, C - the 2010 standard does everything the dusk tiger does yet it is BEAUTIFUL.

i think moog and parker encorporate a lot of new age stuff into their guitars without getting to space age.

IMO, i really like the robotics. tuning on the fly is amazing as well as being able to perfectly get back to concert pitch all integrated into the guitar. those functions are key to a musician, and building that into the instrument seems like common sense.

all that facy tonal junk? why dont they just make jimmy page wiring stock? i can barely use all the tonal options of a regular less paul (2 pups, 4 knobs). very few people i know use all the options of a strat (5 pup options, and 2 knobs).

i bet literally nobody including jimmy page has explored 100% of the options coil tapping, in phase, out of phase, and 4 knobs can do to a guitar. i would like to know the math on that. its got to be at least over 50 combinations of sound.
Last edited by ikey_ at May 18, 2010,
Quote by ARATSTJ
Dusk Tiger.

Hot damn - this will change electric guitars forever more, all the rest just became "old technology"!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Dusk-Tiger.aspx

Anyone laid hands on one yet who can report?

Cheers

Thats what they said when they released the Dark Fire, and the Robot.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.