Poll: Your opinion?
Poll Options
View poll results: Your opinion?
He does deserve it because he has done good for the industry as we know it
33 11%
He does not deserve it because he is a cash cow looking for one hit wonders to line his pockets with
268 89%
Voters: 301.
Page 1 of 5
Simon Cowell is going to be knighted for "services to the british music industry". This is rediculous imo. He has made the industry what it is today. Yeah. Total crap. And Yahoo thinks this is front page news instead of Dio passing away which is quite depressing to be fair. (its not even mentioned).

What are your views on Mr Cowell?

I searchbared and found nothing
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
His service to the british music industry is just being an ever growing dick head. No, he does not deserve this.
Stupidest reason to Knight someone. It's as stupid, or more stupid than Knighting Paul McCartney.
His testicles must be in tatters with the way he wears his jeans
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Where is the option for when you couldn't care less?
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Where is the option for when you couldn't care less?

That option is to not click onto this thread if said person does not care.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
He'll make everyone call him Sir Simon on the X Factor now. God help us. But I bet the Americans will lap it up on his shows over there.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I think this reflects that fact that the establishment are really down with the youth of today. [/sarcasm]
...Bleep Bloop...
After watching a fair few episodes of Britains Got Talent, I have concluded I have more knowledge of music than Simon Cowell.

Wheres my goddamn knighthood?
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I don't think he should be knighted but I respect him as a businessman, entrepreneur and talent scout.

I picked the first one because I thought it was closer to my opinion.
What exactly has he done for the music industry?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
When I grow up, I wanna be just like Simon Cowell.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I hope the Queen cuts his head off.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Oh great now he will be even more smug now
He sends through people on britians got talent and x factor that clearly can't sing, *cough jedward cough*
Quote by CaptainBumout
He does something for the music industry?

He helps to sell a fuckton of music.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
He can suck a chode
They should Knight Dio
He played with an English band...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
This is friggin ridiculous. services to music??? he wouldnt know good music and talent if it hit him on the head.
All the egotistical big headed idiot knows is people/bands who will make him the most money and disappear after 2 albums

What about Bruce Dickinson??? Lemmy killminster????? Ronnie James Dio(RIP). All these deserve to be knighted. Bruce not just for service to music, but services when the country was in crisis. When some plane company went bankrupt last year and left passengers stranded, Bruce dickinson used the iron maiden plane and picked up stranded passengers.

This is an outrage. Specially a day after on of heavy metals greatest pioneers has passed on. Dio had 50 years in music. isnt that deserving enough???

Simon cowell is just a tw*t

thats what i put on the yahoo topic about it
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Who cares about knights. We don't need them.

Dragons died years ago
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Kensai
What exactly has he done for the music industry?
The same thing Alan Sugar did for other businesses - made them look like assholes on TV.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Who cares about knights. We don't need them.

Dragons died years ago

There are still some French people alive though.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by 89cruefan
This is friggin ridiculous. services to music??? he wouldnt know good music and talent if it hit him on the head.
All the egotistical big headed idiot knows is people/bands who will make him the most money and disappear after 2 albums

What about Bruce Dickinson??? Lemmy killminster????? Ronnie James Dio(RIP). All these deserve to be knighted. Bruce not just for service to music, but services when the country was in crisis. When some plane company went bankrupt last year and left passengers stranded, Bruce dickinson used the iron maiden plane and picked up stranded passengers.

This is an outrage. Specially a day after on of heavy metals greatest pioneers has passed on. Dio had 50 years in music. isnt that deserving enough???

Music industry brah
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
NO.

Absolutely positively ****ing NO.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by WaitWhat?
There are still some French people alive though.

Don't forget buddy, the moors still control the holy land
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
He can suck a chode
They should Knight Dio
He played with an English band...

I wouldn't want to watch the Queen knighting Dios Corpse....

well ok I would but meh
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Dio should haunt Simon till he dies.

That would be pretty metal.
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
Quote by 89cruefan

Bruce Dickinson

But em...

I give up.
Quote by element4433
Music industry brah

Yea, but people who churn out mediocre shit in other industries don't get knighted.
What makes Cowell different is that he's exploiting naive youngsters and them dumping them when they're no longer any use to him.

That makes him sound a bit like a pimp, actually.
Quote by leony03
And Yahoo thinks this is front page news instead of Dio passing away which is quite depressing to be fair. (its not even mentioned).

I actually quite like Simon Cowell. I don't know how much he's done for music, but he's pretty fun and as weird as it sounds he seems really nice to me.
Quote by Duffman123
Oh great now he will be even more smug now
He sends through people on britians got talent and x factor that clearly can't sing, *cough jedward cough*

It was Louis Walsh who sent Jedward through on the X factor not Simon. Simon Cowell's just playing the business and earning money to line his pocket, although he is really good at scouting people's image and making it the next best thing.

IMO however this does not deserve a knighthood, a knighthood is given when a person protects the country or helps the UK/commonwealth in some way. He lives in LA for gods sake!
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Last edited by Headcrusher! at May 17, 2010,
i like metal hammers description of cowell. 'smug and c*nty.'. best description ever.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Quote by 89cruefan

Well, Dio was American. Can't really be knighted properly, since he's out of the Commonwealth. Only had one song, anyway.

Lemmy? For services to Speed dealers maybe, hardly to the music industry; because they really are a one-hit band, no matter how much people may argue.

Bruce Dickinson, I would be inclined to agree with, but not very heavily. Please drop your Metal Moral Indignation, I know you want more people to appreciate and respect it, but it's an outsider genre at heart, and better that way.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Fuck that shit.

Simon Cowell does not and will not EVER deserve to be knighted.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by freddaahh
Well, Dio was American. Can't really be knighted properly, since he's out of the Commonwealth. Only had one song, anyway.

Lemmy? For services to Speed dealers maybe, hardly to the music industry; because they really are a one-hit band, no matter how much people may argue.

Bruce Dickinson, I would be inclined to agree with, but not very heavily. Please drop your Metal Moral Indignation, I know you want more people to appreciate and respect it, but it's an outsider genre at heart, and better that way.

wat
Quote by Headcrusher!
It was Louis Walsh who sent Jedward through on the X factor not Simon. Simon Cowell's just playing the business and earning money to line his pocket, although he is really good at scouting people's image and making it the next best thing.

IMO however this does not deserve a knighthood, a knighthood is given when a person protects the country or helps the UK/commonwealth in some way. He lives in LA for gods sake!

He had to make a vote whether to send a girl who could slightly sing through or them, and he choose them....I'l go now
Quote by i_killed_bill

I actually quite like Simon Cowell. I don't know how much he's done for music, but he's pretty fun and as weird as it sounds he seems really nice to me.

Im in the UK so its not up its still better news than cowell. americans have better music taste :'(

Quote by angusfan16
Dire, dire news. Like that twat deserves any accolades at all.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 5