Page 1 of 5
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100516/US.Police.Search.Girl.Killed/

I really don't know what to believe about this.

It says in the article that a 46 year old woman, which I will assume is the grandmother (the father's only 25), gave some physical contact to the police officer and his gun accidently went off.

Only thing I don't get about the story, is it says the father was tucking her in, and than walked into the living room, if he was in another room how did he lay in her blood?

Edit: I know there will be unappropriate puns and all the other fun stuff you pit guys do, so people if you don't like it just ignore it, it is the pit.
Last edited by eltyr18 at May 17, 2010,
I'll take a shot in the dark here and say it was because the idiot was trigger happy. He should face manslaughter for that imo.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by eltyr18
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100516/US.Police.Search.Girl.Killed/

I really don't know what to believe about this.

It says in the article that a 46 year old woman, which I will assume is the grandmother (the father's only 25), gave some physical contact to the police officer and his gun accidently went off.

Only thing I don't get about the story, is it says the father was tucking her in, and than walked into the living room, if he was in another room how did he lay in her blood?

Edit: I know there will be unappropriate puns and all the other fun stuff you pit guys do, so people if you don't like it just ignore it, it is the pit.

The girl was in the living room on the sofa, the father laid a blanket over her and went to his bedroom. He heard the grenade and gunshot and came out before being detained.

That officer is going to feel terrible about himself for the rest of his life.

Ooh.
Doubtless someone'll claim it was intentional, but wow.
Accidents will happen and all that.

EDIT: ^^yup. told you
Last edited by shmikeyboy at May 17, 2010,
Quote by eltyr18

He came into the room

What a horrible situation. I'd like to see what other reports have to say about it though. Something about the way this is written makes me think a lot of it is copypasta from police press releases.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by shmikeyboy

Ooh.
Doubtless someone'll claim it was intentional, but wow.
Accidents will happen and all that.

EDIT: ^^yup. told you

I didn't say it was intentional, I said that he was hoping to use the gun and pulled the trigger at the first opportunity.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Ahh, man. That's sad. And what RU Experienced said is right. The cop's life isn't ever going to be the same.
I think the cops are at fault. Why the hell would a 46 year old lady try and subdue the gun from a police man in a raid(unless she thought they were thugs which I doubt since they all were probably in uniform). So I think there's some shady shit concerning this case and justice will hopefully get served. R.I.P. unfortunate seven-year old who got jipped out of a full life.
Last edited by prplhayesvp70 at May 17, 2010,
Thats wrong. I don't care if it was accidental, I feel like some action should be taken.
thats horrible... did that family have anything to do with the "suspect" they were going after?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by L2112Lif
I feel like some action should be taken.

What action should be taken?

Quote by numinis
thats horrible... did that family have anything to do with the "suspect" they were going after?

Quote by Article

Police eventually found the 34-year-old slaying suspect they were looking for during a search of the building, Godbee said.

Looks like it.
It was a wrongful death but no children should have been in that house with all the low lives living there. I suggest googling the local TV stations, and newspapers to learn more about it.
Don't you think charging in with flashbangs and guns drawn is a bit much? It's a family home, not a mafia headquaters
This is terrible, but thankfully very rare. I can't see how the police can be blamed though, as to me it seems like somebody grabbed the policemans gun and then it went off, reckon it's her fault.
Quote by RU Experienced?
What action should be taken?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Judge Holden
If it was my daughter I would like the ****er to go to jail for life. What gives the police the right to burst into anyone's home with grenades and guns drawn?

A warrant issued by a judge apparently.

Would sending the officer to prison bring your daughter back to life?

Nah, I think the officer will be tormenting himself enough trying to get over the fact that he shot and killed a sleeping 7 year old child. Throwing him in prison won't do anything constructive. He misfired his gun when confronted with the woman in the building, it wasn't intentional.
Quote by Judge Holden
If it was my daughter I would like the ****er to go to jail for life. What gives the police the right to burst into anyone's home with grenades and guns drawn?

So criminals have to be treated nicely. "Excuse me, we're here to arrest you and put you in prison for a very long time. Come out quietly please." How do you think they'll react, scum like this have to beaten down and shocked into submission it's all they understand.
Quote by 09phillt
This is terrible, but thankfully very rare. I can't see how the police can be blamed though, as to me it seems like somebody grabbed the policemans gun and then it went off, reckon it's her fault.

Oh for ****s sake. These innocent people were sleeping in their home, and the police breached and cleared and then shot the first thing that moved on the couch. Then they rubbed the mans face in his daughters blood. Pathetic. America has taken racial profiling to new lows.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Inb4 everyone sticking up for the pigs.

Just another example of bad authority tbh

Pigs? Let me guess, they once enforced a law that prevented you doing something? Possibly drug related?
Quote by Kay Z
Don't you think charging in with flashbangs and guns drawn is a bit much? It's a family home, not a mafia headquaters

So criminal bastards can't have families? In my experience hardened criminals use their familes basically as human shields, they know that if the police know the house contains women/children they'll be much more careful.
Quote by Judge Holden
Oh for ****s sake. These innocent people were sleeping in their home, and the police breached and cleared and then shot the first thing that moved on the couch. Then they rubbed the mans face in his daughters blood. Pathetic. America has taken racial profiling to new lows.

How do you know they were innocent? And the article says that a woman grabbed the policemans gun, it's not trigger-happy officers it's nutters grabbing their guns.
Quote by 09phillt
So criminals have to be treated nicely. "Excuse me, we're here to arrest you and put you in prison for a very long time. Come out quietly please." How do you think they'll react, scum like this have to beaten down and shocked into submission it's all they understand.

This might be hard for you to believe, but criminals are human too. Many of them area actually not stupid. Not to mention we're innocent until proven guilty in America, so you're actually advocating brutality against anyone we accuse of a crime.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by 09phillt
How do you know they were innocent? And the article says that a woman grabbed the policemans gun, it's not trigger-happy officers it's nutters grabbing their guns.

You think an innocent 46 year old woman, who had just been flashbanged, charged at an armed police force and tried to disarm them?
Last edited by Kay Z at May 17, 2010,
Quote by 09phillt

Quote by 09phillt
So criminal bastards can't have families? In my experience hardened criminals use their familes basically as human shields, they know that if the police know the house contains women/children they'll be much more careful.
I'm going to be honest here, you sound batshit insane.
Quote by SteveHouse
This might be hard for you to believe, but criminals are human too. Many of them area actually not stupid.

He stated in another thread that all Palestinians are terrorists, so he'd get on well with Rush Limbaugh.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Inb4 everyone sticking up for the pigs.

Just another example of bad authority tbh

Oh my GOD you're a twat. They risk their lives fighting criminals so that we, the public, can live a life removed from the filth and grime of the criminal classes. Would you like to do their job? I doubt it so sit down and shut the **** up.
Quote by Kay Z

This was my first thought.

They found the suspect later in the same building. So do they run in with guns and grenades for every single room? Maybe make sure that's actually the correct room?

I don't see how running in to a woman would cause him to shoot someone on a couch.

EDIT: ^You're a bit crazy sir. In every profession there will be someone who can't take the power. I've met tons a very good policemen and I'm glad that they take it on themselves to protect everyone but this is a strange situation. Question don't hurt and most people here are just asking questions.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 17, 2010,
Quote by 09phillt
Oh my GOD you're a twat. They risk their lives fighting criminals so that we, the public, can live a life removed from the filth and grime of the criminal classes. Would you like to do their job? I doubt it so sit down and shut the **** up.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by 09phillt

Because they were innocent you insensitive shit. Read the article. Also that's the police official story, the family says there was no altercation.

Put yourself in the fathers position, and ask yourself if you wouldn't want to see that man get punished. It should be manslaughter or negligence at the least.
Quote by BladeSlinger
This was my first thought.

They found the suspect later in the same building. So do they run in with guns and grenades for every single room? Maybe make sure that's actually the correct room?

I don't see how running in to a woman would cause him to shoot someone on a couch.

I'm not sure what to make of this either. Early on the article says:
Quote by Article
Aiyana was asleep on the living room sofa in her family's apartment

But later it says:

Quote by article
Godbee would not comment on newspaper reports that neighbors told police there were children in the house and showed them toys in the front yard. The girl's father said three other children besides Aiyana were in the home when the raid happened.

It seems like it was a home, not an apartment though.
Quote by SteveHouse
This might be hard for you to believe, but criminals are human too. Many of them area actually not stupid. Not to mention we're innocent until proven guilty in America, so you're actually advocating brutality against anyone we accuse of a crime.

No they're not. And I;m not advocating brutality, if people co-operated then there would be no need for violence. I don't see why epople struggle when the police come knocking they must know that they're going to lose eventually.

Quote by Kay Z
You think an innocent 46 year old woman, who had just been flashbanged, charged at an armed police force and tried to disarm them?

It's what I am led to believe by the article...

Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm going to be honest here, you sound batshit insane.

No just a realist who knows what it's like away from what the average person sees everyday.
I feel for the cop,

It sounds like it was just a terrible accident and I am sure the poor guy who killed the little girl is tormenting himself enough.

i would presume all the guys saying the "Pigs" are murderers have all at some point been bollocked for smoking pot or feel they have had their rights violated because they broke the law.

by the sounds of it, the police had every right to use the flash bangs, they were after a murder suspect so therefore they would presume they would be pigging dangerous so how else should they have gone in?

The poor guy sounds like he went in first, was either set upon by the older woman or he bumped into her and he pulled the trigger by accident, bullets go in a straight line, so if he hit her on the sofa his gun was obviously lowered so he clearly want aiming to shoot anybody.

it is just a tragic accident and the people saying the police are scum are idiots and need to grow up.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm not sure what to make of this either. Early on the article says:

But later it says:

It seems like it was a home, not an apartment though.

Possibly a community area in front of the building where children played.

I'm not sure of what to make of it. Both sides could be lying.

EDIT: ^You raise some good points. He probably would have had his gun lowered, might have raised it as he bumped in to someone/something and in the confusion thought someone was struggling with him. It's understandable to use a flashbang for a murderer but they really could have had more discretion. They should at least pay the family something regardless.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 17, 2010,
Quote by prplhayesvp70
I think the cops are at fault. Why the hell would a 46 year old lady try and subdue the gun from a police man in a raid(unless she thought they were thugs which I doubt since they all were probably in uniform). So I think there's some shady shit concerning this case and justice will hopefully get served. R.I.P. unfortunate seven-year old who got jipped out of a full life.

Because her son was wanted for murder. She knew it. Scum bag bitch is what she is. Yes I feel sorry for the kid. Is in no way shape or form her fault. Yet she is dead. Cops fault? No.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The police will have to hold a public investigation so they wont be lying.

At last somebody else with sense here, thanks Jackal.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Page 1 of 5