Hey guys...me and the band are trying to get an amazing opportunity to play a gig at Lounge on the Farm in the UK and are on a voting system.

We were doing reallllyyyy well and got to 3rd at one point, but are slipping and are now 8th! Its still not bad, but it will just keep going down and down if we don't do anything about it.

All I ask is for you to vote. All you have to do is enter your e-mail address and confirm it via an email you'll recieve.

Here's the link to the voting:

http://www.yousaytheyplay.co.uk/voting/band/Stacey%2520and%2520the%2520Freeloaders

If you want to check us out, heres our myspace:

www.myspace.com/staceyandthefreeloaders

They are CRAPPY live recordings as it was early into our band and gigging days but I feel we have become tighter, and much more serious about doing this.

This will be so amazing to play as one of the bands playing are Toots and the maytals and other such acts will follow.

So please, please, please, help us out UG and vote for us!!

Thank YOU!!

Luke
Last edited by moominman2 at May 17, 2010,
error:404 not found is what happens when i click the link... sort it out and i'll vote =]
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Link Fail!
Also why should i vote for you? People work hard for month/years for these sorts of competitions, getting strangers to vote for you on a whim makes all their work worthless - no thanks!
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Sorted!!

Thank you!!

EDIT: To doive...Mate, don't vote for me if you don't want to. I'm not blackmailing you, I'm asking to get a chance to play.

Apoligies if this angers you but we're all really excited to get out there as much as we can.

Surely you can understand that?
Last edited by moominman2 at May 17, 2010,
It's not specifically you - there have just been a looot of these recently - They should be in the "promote your band" forum not in the pit anyway!

EDIT: personal example - my mates band has been together for 4 years now - gigging steadily, they were diong pretty well in a thing like this, a national competition and were winning on the final day, some (piss poor) band posted a link on a games forum, got a few hundred votes from it, they lost by 20 votes in the end. Suspiciously the winning band had had more votes than their song had been played...

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at May 17, 2010,
voted. good luck guys (Y)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I'll vote, listening to your songs and they're pretty cool. I like the pic on your Myspace
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by doive
It's not specifically you - there have just been a looot of these recently - They should be in the "promote your band" forum not in the pit anyway!

EDIT: personal example - my mates band has been together for 4 years now - gigging steadily, they were diong pretty well in a thing like this, a national competition and were winning on the final day, some (piss poor) band posted a link on a games forum, got a few hundred votes from it, they lost by 20 votes in the end. Suspiciously the winning band had had more votes than their song had been played...

To be honest it your mates band fault. They should of thought of that idea
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Thank you Those recordings are REALLY rough...
and the picture was a laugh ha

We're currently in a battle of the bands and we're through to the semi's. If lucks on our side for the comp, we'll get free recordings

Adam...that made me laugh haha
You've gone up one place since I last looked
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Brilliant!!! Thanks to all the help, we've moved up a place

Thanks so much UG!

'therealtater' no worries but thanks alot for trying

We're still after as MANY votes as we can get so please, keep this going It really means alot!
Quote by moominman2
Yeah, this was originally there but...

99% of UGers want to help with things like this...I would, and I was told to put it here as i'd get a lot more response...ok?

Personally with these, I tend to go through all the bands and choose the best, mainly because that's what a talent competition is all about.
Quote by Adam124
To be honest it your mates band fault. They should of thought of that idea

Perhaps. Do you think they pollsters will really take the result seriously though if they know it's just about how many people voted from a random forum. If you admit that you're recordings are rubbish then why are you telling people they are good enough to win a talent competition. If you wanted the result to be genuine and taken seriously then you would post a link to the poll and tell people to listen to what they thought was best and vote.

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I dislike these requests for votes threads, it's unfair on the other bands but it's Friday so you have my vote
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by doive
If you admit that you're recordings are rubbish then why are you telling people they are good enough to win a talent competition.

Bloody hell OK WE GET IT. Its not my fault your friends band didn't make it We're currently in a competition to GET some recordings because we can't afford it. I'm sorry but i'v had a really hard weekend and i'v just come on here to see if I have some support and you just put a DOWNER on it.

I don't care about your friends band

And thanks for the votes everyone else, it means a lot
Quote by doive
Perhaps. Do you think they pollsters will really take the result seriously though if they know it's just about how many people voted from a random forum. If you admit that you're recordings are rubbish then why are you telling people they are good enough to win a talent competition. If you wanted the result to be genuine and taken seriously then you would post a link to the poll and tell people to listen to what they thought was best and vote.

Well generally these days it's every band for themself from my experience and I don't think it's going to change any time soon. It's a shame but what can you do...
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal