Hey, I've decided that for Christmas I want a new amp and these two both seem to be good and quite cheap(ish). Just wondering what opinions were on these two and help would be appreciated.
I play death / thrash metal, hardcore punk and a bit of progressive rock so cleans will be important too. Also, I'm not that bothered about effects so

PLEASE HELP
My Gear

Washburn WV40V
Vox VT30
Fender Squier Strat
Behringer UM 300 distortion pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Go for a Peavey Vypyr 30. They're the best modelling amp for high-gain stuff according to most people here.

This. A friend of mine owned a line 6 spider which I first thought to have a nice sound and presets. After discovering that the line 6 spider is a taboo on UG and everywhere else I finnaly found out why. It's sound is too digital and you use about 2 maybe 3 presets. The friend I referred to earlier sold it fr as much he could get for it to get the Peavy Vypyr 30. Seems to be a whole lot better, for a home practicing amp that is.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Yeah, I already have the Line 6 which is why I want a new amp, but I think I might be wasting money on a modelling amp because I wouldn't use the effects or half the amp models.
Anyway, if this helps I use a Washburn WV24V in C# tuning.
My Gear

Washburn WV40V
Vox VT30
Fender Squier Strat
Behringer UM 300 distortion pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Do you celebrate Christmas in May? I've heard about Christmas in July down under, but seriously...

I'm giving +1 to all the previous posts. From what I've heard (and I've heard quite a lot about it, been searching for a new amp too) the Vypyr is the best choice for your kind of music. According to the people who actually tried it (not including me tbh) the 30 is better than the 15, due to it's bigger speaker.
"A child can make sounds on a bass that I can't make, so nobody is better than anybody else." - Victor Wooten