OK, recently forked out for a Mac so I can record my own music. I wish to get a really meaty drum and bass tone on it, so I have messed around with the EQ on it, and got this really good sound (software instruments) However, when i export to itunes the sound goes all weird. I've turned down each instrument, but then the drums or bass aren't as loud as i wish them to be. I've tried lowering the bass, but i lose tone obviously.

Can anyone help me out?
Gibson Les Paul Classic '60s
Marshall DCL 2000
and a F**K load of pedals

"Bannanas in Pajamma's is a good way to advertise the use of condoms from a early age"
nopee. When the bass pedal hits at the same time as the bass, it kinda mutes it? it only does this in itunes and not in garageband. its really bugging me cos it sounds so sick in garageband yet when i export it i just get this muted fart noise for a bass pedal.
Marshall DCL 2000

"Bannanas in Pajamma's is a good way to advertise the use of condoms from a early age"
No seriously, have you turned that off? I had that problem for a long time and when Garageband does its export if you don't tell it otherwise it changes things a little bit.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
yeah i turned it off, i did that like a week a go but i still can't export this sound
Marshall DCL 2000

Try not compressing it when you export it. I don't remember how I got rid of this problem...ugh I need to go back and find out. I remember how much it pissed me off

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
it did it even when i didn't compress it. i mean i can turn down the volume, but obv thats a bit shet...
Marshall DCL 2000

Last edited by Rockawithamocha at May 17, 2010,
Oh I see what you are doing I think. Garageband's play back doesn't distort. If you look at the little play back bar at the bottom and it's flashing red, it's going to distort in itunes. Welcome to the volume war. You can go along with it and compress the hell out of it so it still sounds loud but doesn't peak like it is now. Or you can simply lower the tracks and turn the volume up on your sound system.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
hmmmm, i thought this was the problem. i ended up turning the volume down so much that it was a quater of the volume of my CD songs. looks like i'm gonna compress the crap out of it. any tips?
Marshall DCL 2000

Eh, I hate hate hate compression. My tips are to mix it better and use light compression to get it as loud as you can (which will be pretty damn loud if you do it right). If you want to make it as loud as possible though...look online or maybe someone will come around.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ahhh k thanks man. I'll have a mess around fairly soon. i just tried but no luck as of yet. might have to talk to a guy in apple about it
Marshall DCL 2000