I bought a Blackstar Artisan 30. I wanted a 2x12 combo and tubes so for the price I paid for it, I coudn't beat it.

Now I need a distortion pedal. Any suggestions? I've seen people recommending Blackstar's HT distortion pedals. They're a little pricey at $250.

What I'd like, without going with something like a digitech that's going to have 50 million settings, it a distortion pedal that has at least 3 channel settings: off, lower Marshally crunch gain, and balls to the walls blow your ears out gain.

Any suggestions for me to start looking at?
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the series one, it's about the same price, and does what you want
The blackstar pedals are really good quality, they may be pricey but as with anything you get what you pay for.

Also the VOX satchurator is a great distortion.

Try them out with your gear though.
Shamone
Quote by britishsligean
just out of curiosity, why didn't you get the series one, it's about the same price, and does what you want

Because I loved the tone out of the Artisan 30 and I paid less than $900 for a new one.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
why not just get 3 different pedals? that'd work too, and you wouldn't have to narrow down your search anywhere near as much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
why not just get 3 different pedals? that'd work too, and you wouldn't have to narrow down your search anywhere near as much.

3? It's got an amazing clean sound. I'd just need two distortions.

My last guitar amp was a Hughes Triamp. Sold it for camera equipment when I quit playing guitar and besides, it's way too big for where I play now. I did perfectly fine without having a ton of effects, just the distortion channels and the cleans.
touche, i misread your post. 2 different pedals, then.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?