Just to clear this up, If i have a cab that has 4-60 watt speakers in it, would that have like a rating of 240? I could match it with a 120-watt head, right?
You can match any head and cabinet....what you have to match up is the ohms. If your head is wired to 8 ohms, then your cabinet has to be the same. You can have a 120w head going through a 240w cabinet, but of course youll only be able to get a maximum of 120w through the cabinet because of the head.
I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL head thats 50 watts, and a Mesa Boogie Stiletto 412 cabinet thats 280 watts and they go together just like any other head/cabinet combination, because I matched the 8 ohm output/input from each one
Quote by SilverchairFan
You can match any head and cabinet....what you have to match up is the ohms. If your head is wired to 8 ohms, then your cabinet has to be the same. You can have a 120w head going through a 240w cabinet, but of course youll only be able to get a maximum of 120w through the cabinet because of the head.
I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL head thats 50 watts, and a Mesa Boogie Stiletto 412 cabinet thats 280 watts and they go together just like any other head/cabinet combination, because I matched the 8 ohm output/input from each one

90% True. Although the ohms thing is majorly important, you also do need to make sure that the wattage of your speaker cab exceeds that of your head. So in short, yes, you'll be fine, as long as the ohms match.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.