So, I'm selling my gear to be able to afford a new guitar and amp, I still can't decide which guitar to get though. Budget is not important but preferably < £600
I play Blues, Rock and some Metal.
I would like some or most of the following in a guitar:

Mahogany body
Mahogany or Maple neck
Passive Pickups, preferably something high gain
Strat, Tele or Les Paul Shape
Fixed Bridge
Bridge Humbucker, wouldnt mind a single coil elsewhere
No reverse headstocks or funny shaped bodies, they just annoy me
22 or 24 frets, not fussy

I have looked at the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, a lower End Strat or Tele, and the LTD Les Paul's, but I still cant decide. Any Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
PRS SE Singlecut
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Telecaster all the way. I love mine, and it's great for anything. Sounds cool for metal, because you can really hear the strings even when it's heavily distorted. Though, under high gain circumstances, I recommend getting noiseless pickups.
Quote by humperdunk
PRS SE Singlecut

Yeah, that would be an excellent choice. If you're not too pissy about the guitar having a fixed bridge, and would accept "easy" tremolos (meaning anything but floyd / edge / kahler etc), there are many other Prs SE -series guitars, too. Also, Ibanez has some nice RG's and RGA's with a fixed bridge, and the SA -series isn't bad, either.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Look out for some PRS SE's. If you find one that has Soap Bar-like P90's instead of humbuckers, try it anyways and see how you like it. If you dig the sound you should feel lucky, because this is a guitar that you'll be playing even after you've upgraded to an even better guitar (which'll most likely feature humbuckers)

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really like my Les Paul Studio, but you'd have to find one used. I'd go with a Made in Japan telecaster. I like the shape and tone. They play like butter! I dislike mexican strats as they sound like crap. I always hear some sort of ringing and extra noise when I play them.... mine especially
How about a Fender Strat?? It is very versatile and large frets ensure easy playability.

ron666
Check out Ibanez aswell, you always get alot for your money with them...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"