Page 1 of 2
Don't get it. Absolute garbage. I would recommend getting an "Element" "Enjoi" "Flip" "Plan B"
http://www.ccs.com
There's a skateboard catalog website you can get good quality boards and shoes from
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Skateboards are like guitars. You have to try a few before you decide which one you like. If you find it comfortable, and easy to use, it's good. I guess it's decent to start out with. Again, skateboards are like guitars. When you're first starting, you don't go and buy the most expensive one in the shop, and you don't buy the cheapest piece of junk. You find one low in price, and very basic. I think it'd be fine to get used to rolling around, maybe a few basic tricks, then go from there. And you don't NEED skate shoes at all to skate really. They're just nice to have for grip, safety, and comfort. It'd be nicer if you could try it first, and see how it feels before buying, but give it a shot. Good luck in the world of skateboarding
Quote by EvoLancer211
Don't get it. Absolute garbage. I would recommend getting an "Element" "Enjoi" "Flip" "Plan B"
http://www.ccs.com
There's a skateboard catalog website you can get good quality boards and shoes from

Yeah, those are good. But if he's JUST starting, and he's still learning to ride, I wouldn't blow my money on those. Learn abit before investing in a decent board. How much was your first guitar? What was your first guitar? It wasn't exactly the Fender, Gibson, Ibanez WHATEVER guitar you play now, was it?
Crap. Get something that is decent, you'll thank yourself and save money in the long run. I'd suggest an Almost deck. I liked those because they are nice and light, therefore a bit easier to learn on, but it really depends on your style. Bones reds bearings are good and cheap too. Idk what else is out there though, it's been a few years since i last skated though.

edit:
Quote by IommiPage
Yeah, those are good. But if he's JUST starting, and he's still learning to ride, I wouldn't blow my money on those. Learn abit before investing in a decent board. How much was your first guitar? What was your first guitar? It wasn't exactly the Fender, Gibson, Ibanez WHATEVER guitar you play now, was it?

It's easier to learn on a decent board. It's easier to learn to roll around if you have decent bearings. It's easier to learn tricks with a lighter board. It's easier to stop and maneuver with a set of decent wheels. It's lighter with a decent set of trucks that don't weigh a ton. It's better to get that kind of board now then to get crap and move up. It saves money in the long run.
Last edited by ninja.kitty at May 17, 2010,
Buy a blank from CCS to start off, basically the same thing but you're not paying for the graphic.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by IommiPage
Skateboards are like guitars. You have to try a few before you decide which one you like. If you find it comfortable, and easy to use, it's good. I guess it's decent to start out with. Again, skateboards are like guitars. When you're first starting, you don't go and buy the most expensive one in the shop, and you don't buy the cheapest piece of junk. You find one low in price, and very basic. I think it'd be fine to get used to rolling around, maybe a few basic tricks, then go from there. And you don't NEED skate shoes at all to skate really. They're just nice to have for grip, safety, and comfort. It'd be nicer if you could try it first, and see how it feels before buying, but give it a shot. Good luck in the world of skateboarding

I can't skate tho so I can't try them out
Yea, that's not much better than a walmart skateboard. I'm actually ashamed that Tony is doing that, Birdhouse is so much better. If you want a cheap, rideable board, go Mini-Logo or Shuv-It. They don't put graphics on their boards so they are generally 20 bucks cheaper. But every bit as rideable. I'm sure you could find a Mini-Logo complete for under 100.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Yea, that's not much better than a walmart skateboard. I'm actually ashamed that Tony is doing that, Birdhouse is so much better. If you want a cheap, rideable board, go Mini-Logo or Shuv-It. They don't put graphics on their boards so they are generally 20 bucks cheaper. But every bit as rideable. I'm sure you could find a Mini-Logo complete for under 100.

THIS
buy blanks man, they're the same damn thing, and best part is that they usually make different lengths of boards so it's easier to find one that fits you
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Slashestranged
How cheap can I get a board for just starting out?

You could probably get one for really cheap. But it wouldn't be very good. You get what you pay for, you know?

Read reviews, buy the best you can afford. It will pay off.

Trust me, you don't want to learn with a crap board. It will make it so much harder to learn.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by mattman93
Buy a blank from CCS to start off, basically the same thing but you're not paying for the graphic.

this he doesnt need a pro deck, he's a beginner. Besides I prefer blanks
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Not much on shoes... but yea; you would need them. At the least something with flat bottoms and low sides. Using other shoes will literally tear up the shoe much quicker. It will also be hard to stay comfortable on the board.
buy a complete from ccs parts. ive only used their decks though, but it wasnt too bad
I ride Girl

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Slashestranged
My friends told me that as well

how are darkstars? On modern skates website there are completes for lil under $50 by darkstar

Completes for under $50? That sounds really fishy to me. You would be EXTREMELY lucky to find just a Darkstar deck for under $50. But to answer your question, yes, Darkstar is considered a professional brand. Its up to you to decide if its good or not.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Completes for under $50? That sounds really fishy to me. You would be EXTREMELY lucky to find just a Darkstar deck for under $50. But to answer your question, yes, Darkstar is considered a professional brand. Its up to you to decide if its good or not.

you can find em for less than 50 at modern skates website
What kind of deck does everyone have? I have Enjoi Plaid Panda (red).
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology

Used to skate flip back in the day, switched to simple blanks after that

don't skate at all anymore, as a matter of fact, I haven't touched it in almost 2 years :/
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Metalology

Mystery Mosaic. I've been a Mystery Man for years now.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Slashestranged
plz answer?

Never heard of Draven. Stick to the name brands.

Lakai
Osiris
DC
Fallen
Duffs
Emerica
ES

Just to name a few.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by kylepianoman
Do yourself a favor and get a longboard

do yourself a favor and ignore this guy.
XBL Gamertag: CashMoney54
Quote by Slashestranged
plz answer?

you're gunna have to spend some money if you wanna get into this sport. you may be able to buy a decent complete from West 49 (dunno where you live) or another skate shop for around 100 bucks.

then just go to a skate shop and buy some shoes that look like they're not made from paper. you will rip them and ruin them.

Also, you're signing up to a hard sport. you're bound to get hurt eventually. I have, everyone does. just consider what you're getting yourself into. I wouldn't still be doing it if I didn't think it was worth it.
XBL Gamertag: CashMoney54
Quote by CashMoney54
you're gunna have to spend some money if you wanna get into this sport. you may be able to buy a decent complete from West 49 (dunno where you live) or another skate shop for around 100 bucks.

then just go to a skate shop and buy some shoes that look like they're not made from paper. you will rip them and ruin them.

Also, you're signing up to a hard sport. you're bound to get hurt eventually. I have, everyone does. just consider what you're getting yourself into. I wouldn't still be doing it if I didn't think it was worth it.

Yeah I'm perfectly aware that it takes sweat, blood, and determination I just am not yet ready to pay so much
TS what country are you from?

EDIT: fallens are like the best gripping shoe's out there
Last edited by thamason69 at May 18, 2010,
Quote by Slashestranged
Yeah I'm perfectly aware that it takes sweat, blood, and determination I just am not yet ready to pay so much

You're gonna have to dish some out.

You wouldn't want a cheap ass guitar would you? You need to spend some to get a good board.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I've been skating for 9 years now, and for 7 of those 9, I've been exclusively using Flip, Girl and Almost decks. GREAT decks, but again, as already stated, you don't wanna spend a fortune on your first one. My advice would be to go to your local skate shop and pick up a blank deck (usually just a blank colored deck without a company logo, runs about 60$), with some random trucks, wheels and bearings. Stay away from Element boards, thick and heavy pieces of junk.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Get some legit hi top vans!! sk8 oldskool
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by thamason69
TS what country are you from?

EDIT: fallens are like the best gripping shoe's out there

Grand rapids, MI, USA
meh it's not terrible for a beginner board but it's not worth $35 ffs. The best boards are always the ones that are custom built. I spent about $170 on mine, i have a Flip deck, Royal trucks (and at $79.99 they are the most kickass trucks in existence), Bones Reds bearings (best around) and bones 100s wheels. If i hadn't shattered my shoulder trying to 360 flip a 7-set i would be sponsored and probably rich by now
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Slashestranged
So any darkstar is good for a starter?

What difference does board width make? Please explain!

Now you are really starting to get into personal preference area. But shoe size serves as a rough guideline. I wear 11s and prefer a 7.75 board. I could probably go thicker, but I like my boards narrow. And yes, you really can't go wrong with Darkstar. I think their "technology" is a little overrated and very overpriced though. That's why I love Mystery so much. One of the few companies that hasn't been making super ply shock disc indestructable unbendableness boards.
Quote by MakinLattes
Page 1 of 2