hey i've been using 9 guage strings on my SG. Would anything happen to my neck if i were to put heavy bottom skinny tops on it? eg; truss rod break or warped neck

thank you
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
I don't think so. My guitar was setup for 9's at the shop and I use 11's on it and nothin bad has happened yet. I'm sure if you drop tune the heavy bottom strings the tension will be equal or close that of the 9's.
ooh yeah i never though that i was going to be drop tuning thank you very much
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
The most that should happen is you'll need to set the guitar up again. Also, Not even 14s at standard tuning are enough to break a truss rod or neck of a 25.5 scale guitar. You're very safe, Don't worry about it breaking (And if it does break by itself there was something very wrong with the guitar)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Ideally you should have the nut filled to accommodate the larger strings, but nothing bad will happen by not filling the nut.

If you plan on sticking with the heavier gauge, you should consider giving your a guitar a good set up, but its not life or death. Just keep an eye on the neck, it won't break but if it starts to show a lot of bow, it make hurt your playing skills. Since your playing in drop tuning I doubt and large change will occur.