Ok, after spending almost $100 on D'addario strings in the last couple months, ive decided to get a different brand of strings. Everyone has suggested Ernie Ball, and i chose that. But when i looked, there are like 20 different kinds of Ernie Ball strings. So which kind do I buy (that are .010-.046)? I play mostly heavy metal and some bluesy stuff.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
regular slinky 10 gauge work well for blues and heavier rock, they're what i use all of the time. but you may want 11's for heavey metal as they will give you that fatter sound.

but from what i've heard from a lot of people i know, d'addario's are one of the best strings you can get and are much better than ernie balls. i was even considering swapping to them soon.
regular slinky
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
if you are busting strings thats often, then its 1 of 2 things

1. your guitar is junk/set up incorrectly
2. you have terrible technique and probably cant even shave yourself

if you want metal/bluesy for for 11-52's, good all round string - however you must first address 1 or both of the issues I mentioned, switching strings wont fix your problem from the sound of it. I havent broken a string in over 5 years, and I play a lot...the most important part is guitar set up, and it sounds like yours needs some work.

Check the saddles for rough edges and such, thats usually the main break point

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
oh and by the way - I used EB's for about 3-4 years, just recently switched to D'addario's and I like them better to be honest.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
with the d'addarios, the high e string comes unraveled from the ball end.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
The op may just be changing them for tone reasons....
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
If you find yourself breaking strings a lot try out Elixer Nanoweb strings. I don't think i've broken more than like 1 or 2 strings in the last 2 or 3 years of using them. And I mostly play rock, metal, punk, stuff with a lot of heavy riffing. They are a bit on the pricey side, but will last longer than most other brands imo.
There's something wrong with your guitar.
What do you mean by High E coming unraveled? The high E is a plain string so are you actually referring to the low E? If it's unraveling there's a burr or something cutting into the wraps.
Moving on.....
Quote by MidniteHaze
with the d'addarios, the high e string comes unraveled from the ball end.

that sounds like an issue with the saddle or another part of the bridge, not with the strings. or maybe youve just gotten a lot of bad strings

i now always use DR strings. they arent expensive, i like the sound, and they last a good ammount of time.
If you are having string breakage problems, I'd suggest to bring your guitar to a tech instead of changing string brands. They're all basically made of steel and I don't think a brand will be much harder to break than the other.
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack