Page 1 of 2
im trying to grow my hair out like this:
(Invalid img)

my hair is almost to that length but my sides wont grow to the same length because they get all into big curls (i have wavy hair) its currently split down the middle but like my bangs arent like his, i try to brush them out of my face because i dont want to look like an emo kid but i dont 100% get rid of them like he does. does anyone know what to do? and should i cut the back to a closer length to the sides because right now the back si currently the longest. you need straight hair for this style right?

if its impossible to grow wavy hair in that style can someone show me like a pic of a musician with long wavy hair so i can find a new way to style it to best fit the way my hair grows?

this is my alternative. his hair seems to grow similar to mine with it being wavy and stuff and i could easily get my hair like if i cut it to the same length. any tips for having my hair like this?
Quote by thrashaholic666
any tips for having my hair like this?

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
when you're almost done waiting

wait some more

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
get straighteners
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
shave it, it will grow faster.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Err.. if you don't have that texture of hair but that's the look you're going for...

Don't.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

alright so from reading your responses its clear that i have to just wait and let it grow. but like my hair is wavy so i would have to wait longer for my hair to grow to the first options legnth right? my hair is almost to that length in the back. i still havent gotten an answer about ho to style it like that but im sure an expirenced hair grower (or a lady) will be on ehre shortley to give advice.
Just be patient.

I'm growing my hair out again too; I used to have really long hair but had to get it cut for personal reasons. Now it's growing long again. Just be patient.
grow it longer than what you want it then have it cut into shape...
stick abit of styling wax or something would help to keep it in place
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Legit i was like "this dude looks like paul gilbert"

Then i realized it was him....
Quote by JY-Rasputin
shave it, it will grow faster.

Repeatedly. Over and over again. You'll have long hair before you know it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by k90728
Legit i was like "this dude looks like paul gilbert"

Then i realized it was him....

The 90's called, they want there word back.

Quote by will123456789

The 90's called, they want there lame joke back.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

If you have wavy hair you're probably going to need to blow dry it everyday to get it kind of straight. Also you HAVE to use a defrizzer, whether it's a serum or a leave-in conditioner. Don't keep a part while its growing becuase it will look dumb... wait until it gets longer, until then keep running your hands through it and let it fall naturally.

Still, I wouldn't suggest it altogether. it's going to be a hassle if you dont have straight hair.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Aye, it's just like beards. The most you shave, the faster and thicker it grows back.

i dont want to shave it, i shaved it all completley off before i started to grow it. im in the growing phase right now and i am to close to getting hair that i have dreamed of to just shave it all off.
Quote by will123456789

The 90's called, they want there lame joke back.

The grammar nazis called. They want you to look in my sig.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Mr.Feather

God called. He said thank me someone around here knows grammar.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by vintage x metal
If you have wavy hair you're probably going to need to blow dry it everyday to get it kind of straight. Also you HAVE to use a defrizzer, whether it's a serum or a leave-in conditioner. Don't keep a part while its growing becuase it will look dumb... wait until it gets longer, until then keep running your hands through it and let it fall naturally.

Still, I wouldn't suggest it altogether. it's going to be a hassle if you dont have straight hair.

no its mostly straight until it gets about past my ears it turns into huge waves. my hair is wavy but not THAT wavy. and i would never go though all that trouble in the morning just to straighten my hair.
Quote by Mr.Feather

You should fix your sig, it is spelled "thanks".
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Fine then, but you're not going to get long hair dude. You have to shave it off first, jeez I'm surprised you don't know that...

i shaved my head frequently before i started growing it, and while growing it i have had small trims to get the dead ends off. nothing is holding my hair back from growing. hair just doesnt stop growing spontaneously does it?
Yeah ok, facial hair reacts in a very different way. You can get stubble, indeed a beard shape starts to take place within a week, hair on your head takes time. Don't get it cut, that defeats the purpose, just let it grow; This isn't rocket science, just let it grow, and deal with it.
I'm sorry, that hair has been reserved by Paul Gilbert.

Please choose something less awesome.
hue
Ignore all this other advice. All you should do is NOT CUT IT. Not even for split ends until its actually really long; otherwise, you will just prolong the awkward stage. Don't straighten it either, it will **** your hair up in the long run. Don't blowdry either unless if you absolutely have to. It dries your hair out and it'll get frizzy and annoying. Trust me, many years ago I grew my hair out, did those two things, and ended up shaving my head. Now I'm growing it out again, since September actually.
Quote by thrashaholic666
i shaved my head frequently before i started growing it, and while growing it i have had small trims to get the dead ends off. nothing is holding my hair back from growing. hair just doesnt stop growing spontaneously does it?

Yes it actually does. And when that happens the only option left is to start all over after a nice clean shaving
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Will you not let me troll in peace?

You're pathetic, and I hope you die.
Quote by Mr.Feather

I keep getting his answering machine.

hue
please stop the bickering, you two are like an old bitter couple. chuckle you have trolled me through a good amount fo the thread, can you go troll someone else like kensai or fassa?
Use a sexy shampoo like American Crew that makes it grow faster! Horse semen also works very well.
Gear:

Ibanez SAS36FM
Ovation Acoustic
Classical Guitar
Amplitube 3 running into a PA
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Coming from 'UGs most extreme musician'

What is your problem, exactly?
Quote by esidebill
Use a sexy shampoo like American Crew that makes it grow faster! Horse semen also works very well.

my hair gets oily if i dont use a special kind of shampoo.
Quote by esidebill

Not everyone can get horse semen that easily.
hue
Ok dude... I'm currently growing mine out and I have wavy hair too... and from what you've said.. yours is very similar to mine. All you need to do is NOT cut it. Mine's just past my shoulders atm.

Split ends don't stop your hair growing either... hair grows from the root (the part on your head).

The part about getting it out of your face as well... you just need to keep pushing it to the sides at the moment until it gets a bit longer and heavier.

Oh and it's also advised not to straighten or blow-dry your hair as that just ****s it up.

You got a pic or something?
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at May 17, 2010,
Page 1 of 2