Ok so this is my first build so im trying to keep it simple. Im builidng this for my workshop class at school so the progress will be fairly fast(i hope). I started this a week ago but i now have a camera.

Specs:

Basswood body
Guitarfetish Neck Rosewood fretboard/maple neck 24 fret
25.5 scale
Bolt-on with contoured heel
Seymour Duncan JB in bridge
String Thru TOM bridge
Gold hardware
tru oil finish
bookmatched flamed maple top

heres the kind of finish im aiming for:

Ive ordered a lot of hardware and parts from Warmoth and Guitarfetish but it still hasnt arrived yet.

The school wood supplier which i ordered my basswoood from hasnt arrived yet either.

Heres a barely visible pencil sketch.

Heres it in AutoCad:

Heres the sketches and AutoCad drawings and the SB JB:

hopefully my parts,hardware and basswood arrives tomorrow
Last edited by guitaristren at May 18, 2010,
Cool. I'm not a big V fan, but I have to admire the guy who wants to build one from scratch. Good job. Hope it turns out well. Be sure to post pictures of the project once it's complete.
UPDATE:

My stuff from guitarfetish arrived!! yay!

Neck, Tuners and input jack

Gold Hardware

ooh shiny!

The neck was higher quality than i expected for a $50 neck.

Still waiting for Warmoth parts and basswood...
Last edited by guitaristren at May 21, 2010,
So the neck isn't bad? That's good news because I'm starting to think that GF will supply most of the parts for my first build if I ever do one.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Cool, looks classy.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Nice! What's that neck like? I bought two when they were doing the unfinished ones. I got one good one and one warped one.

Is it Ibanez thin or a bit of a baseball bat?
Quote by antonvrg
very nice. can u post some more pics of the guitar it's self

Yeah sure but I'm still in the building process.

Quote by mcconnachiea
Nice! What's that neck like? I bought two when they were doing the unfinished ones. I got one good one and one warped one.

Is it Ibanez thin or a bit of a baseball bat?

The neck is pretty nice and good for the price considering that it's only $50 and other places are like $150-200+. There's no sharp fret edges or deformations so it looks pretty solid to me. Yeah, it's a bit more on the baseball bat side, it's a chunky neck.
Quote by BladeSlinger
So the neck isn't bad? That's good news because I'm starting to think that GF will supply most of the parts for my first build if I ever do one.

Here's a few things to think about if you're considering a GF body. I recently bought a stratocaster type body from GF. The paint job looks great (one tiny little blemish almost unnoticeable). The paulowina wood is too light IMO. It feels like balsa wood. Also the predrilled neck-screw holes are not square to each other. For $50 I wasn't expecting much. I'm going to replace it with a mahogany body (homemade). GF does have some good prices though. Hit and miss, just shop carefully if you can’t afford to take a hit.
UPDATE:

because i was banned for a month i decided not to document what a built as i went along so heres pictures of the guitar.

My first build, screwed up alot, measurements were off, could have been a lot better but i learnt a lot along the way. Without much furthler ado:

im going to build another guitar next year and make it even better.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jun 24, 2010,
That's sexy man. Congrats.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
looks good, Im more of a fan of the flying V style but that looks pretty good.

also, boats.
no sir away a papaya war is on