ok so i have an rg 770 and it has a lo pro edge tremolo. I cant get it to flutter. Its not my technique because on my old guitar with an edgeIII i could get it to flutter very easily. I replaced the bushings on the trem arm recently. I really need help with this. Thank you in advance
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
3 springs its set up with 9's and the trem is sitting where its supposed to
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
is there a way to make the bar sit tighter in the tremolo?
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by budreiser1
ok so i have an rg 770 and it has a lo pro edge tremolo. I cant get it to flutter. Its not my technique because on my old guitar with an edgeIII i could get it to flutter very easily. I replaced the bushings on the trem arm recently. I really need help with this. Thank you in advance

There's a few things to consider.

Firstly, regarding the Lo-Pro generally, it doesn't flutter as much as an Edge, due to the position of the bar relative to fulcrum. This is actually one of the primary reasons that Vai and Satriani have always preferred the Edge over the Lo-Pro on their personal guitars.

Secondly, can you tell me a little more about the setup? Is the trem level, are the springs roughly at the same tension, are you using the "arrow" /|\ spring configuration or the parallel ||| configuration? Is the action set very low? The tremolo posts should be set to slightly different heights (higher on the low E side), but too much difference in height also can result is the trem feeling a little odd.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by budreiser1
is there a way to make the bar sit tighter in the tremolo?

No, it's not possible. Further the arm has to be properly "clicked" in, or you can damage the arm holder.
im using the arrow set up with a low action and the trem is level. springs are at the same tension the post on the high e side is slightly higher but its not much
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
Quote by budreiser1
im using the arrow set up with a low action and the trem is level. springs are at the same tension the post on the high e side is slightly higher but its not much

Most Ibanez techs recommend the parallel configuration. I'd suggest you try it, and see if it makes flutter a little easier.