hey,

in new-ish to recording, and trying to mixdown this song for college http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/kakos/music/all/play837928, not too good, goes off timing , ect but, not being marked on that and the due in dates like coming nearer and nearer,

i tried to do some to it but it still sounds shocking, what am i doing wrong?

sorry if its in the wrong section, didnt know where to put it

im using Logic Pro 9
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
The kick drum is way too loud. You need to cut the bass on it by a bit and reduce the level. If you do that the mix will sit better for a start. The guitar could use a boost, and the sound of the drums is lacking a bit of clarity. I don't know what control you have over the drums, but using EQ to up the highs might work. Good luck dude!
I think it sounds pretty terrible as you say mainly because of the drums. No amount of EQing or post production will get bad sounds sounding awesome.

May I ask what drum software you used? I recently completed a small project for uni where I had to compose an original song and record/master in Cubase. For the drums I used ToonTracks Superior Drummer with the Avatar NY kit which is AWESOME.

Your drums sound like a N64 having a shitfit, any chance you could re do them with a better package?
^ sadly no,

i didnt use software drums for it, a guy brought his kit in for a day , he and the lecturers set it up,ready for recording and we recorded from there really, i could try "re-drum" in logic 9, but that would be pointless on the colleges Mac's as theyre running Logic 8 at the moment , so theres **** all i could do with the drums

well i guess you cant polish a turd, hopefully ill be able to cover this turd in glitter though ±__±
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
ok tried my best, still think the two bass drums tracks are a bit loud, ill lower them slightly ... but... i dont know what to do, it all sounds like as if you covered the speakers with cardboard boxes and played it with em covered to me, there isnt much clarity ... any help on that problem?
Quote by rgrockr