I'm thinking about putting a thumb rest on my J bass. I alread have put a tortise shell pick guard on it. Looks pretty nice. I'm a little nervous about taking a drill to my bass. What are some alternatives to putting a thumb rest on?

I want to put it below the G string.

thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
what type of glue could work?

Like i dont want the bass to crack on anything.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by basser4ever123
what type of glue could work?

Like i dont want the bass to crack on anything.

You bass isn't going to crack from drilling it. It's a chunk of wood an inch and a half thick. It's more durable than you might think.

As for glue, I don't know. Anything that glues plastics, I guess. Cyanoacrylate might work, but keep in mind that if you glue it to the pickguard, you won't be able to get it off.

I'd attach it with screws, but that's just me.
alright. I'll look into the glue and if i'm not successful there I will screw it in.

thanks!