Page 1 of 2
check it out!

I got...a new cab!!!

For my emplexador. Very elegant. Kind of light weight though. Metal corner protectors. Nice thunk to the wood. Doesn't feel as awesome as my favorite cabs..the orange ppc212s. Fits my emplexador head though sweet.

And...

It's string time at the farm.

Jazz 12s with a wound g. A custom 12 set. A custom 11 set. A DDT 11 set. Going easy on my fingers for a couple of weeks. The DR DDT strings are the best strings I've used. If you downtune you need to be using them. Basically thin strings that are made so that they are about a gauge and a half tighter when d-tuned. Yet, still easy to bend. They don't feel flubby but the strings aren't significantly more tense.

and...

knick knacks.

From one corner to the other:

A BGpickups.com Hellabucker wound to 18k with A5s...gonna compare this to the nailbomb in the bridge position....then maybe move the bridge nailbomb I have now to the neck position. Then tune to A and profit.

Then some picks. The brown ones are surfpicks made from some kind of wood.
In the middle there are 2 jade picks and an agate or maybe tigerseye
On the side are 2 agate's and a 1 amber. yay.

review: I'll update how I like the picks compared to my current favorites soon. Right now I generally use a Clayton ultem teardrop, a ultex jazz, a ultex 2.0 supersharp, v-pick dimension junior, pyscho, colossal, snake, and diamond
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Cool stuff, what speakers' in that cab? and if you like those picks more than the snake feel free to send it my way?
Cool stuff. Most of the picks would be relatively useless to me, since I'm not PICKY. Ha ha ha.

HNSD!
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at May 17, 2010,
Nice.

You buy too much gear.

Those BG pups look nice like, and wayyy cheaper than the BKPs. Need to let us know how they compare.

And how many hands do you have? Your pick collection must be to the ceiling by now.

How are the ultexs vs the regular jazz IIIs btw. I might give em a try.
Awesome stuff. Amber and agate picks? Gorgeous.

(I got a new ignition module for the lawn mower today. PM me if anyone wants pics.. haha)

EDIT: V V yeah a John Deere front mower.. ok pics are up. Sorry A Mirror
Last edited by BobDetroit at May 17, 2010,
^It is not a riding tractor by chance is it Bob?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
mother ****er....

My amp blows a tube and I can't even play it now, and this guy gets a new camp e'ry week.

+1 I want a new camp too

Nice score AM. I'm a DR fan myself. Someone here (Mark G I think) started a Only Pick Thread....you should bump that with your new score
nice to see someone else with a BG pickup

little iffy on the picks, but thats probably because i us the wrong corner of a pick and you cant do that with those. they do look great though
so you are going to shove the plexador in there and make a combo?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
keeping it real simple. red wizards

money shot while I have this thing open. I love looking at it. Then I wanna lick it. But then I'm like dude don't lick that you don't know where it's been. So many colors. Like skittles

I was like curses. But then I checked out his website and all of his combos are backwards...I could make it face the right way but it would involve rewiring all the switches. Totally not worth it.

woot, called it.
You mean the panels backwards? Wouldnt you have to redrill the chase to flip it anyway? You wouldnt have to rewire the switches though, just turn em around. Id think. Well i dunno, i wouldnt be arsed doing that anyway.

People with AC30s deal with it.

Sexy though.
I totally vote you should lick it.

Edit: Actualy yeah you prolly would have to rewire it considering its all solid core. Nevermind me.
Last edited by beckyjc at May 17, 2010,
he rawks hollowbodies.

he should be behind his amp.

this is all a ploy. that rat **** figured it out.

dayum, i'll never get that goldie!!

Quote by beckyjc
Sexy though.
I totally vote you should lick it.
Unplugged of course!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
mother ****er....

My amp blows a tube and I can't even play it now, and this guy gets a new camp e'ry week.

what? the king of handwired ac30's has a bad tube? kinda ironic, like a dude with a porche who can't afford a new tire. we could use a little less irony like that i reckon.

@AM - what are the Wizards supposed to be. the cross between a governor and a private jack is kinda useless to me.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
what? the king of handwired ac30's has a bad tube? kinda ironic, like a dude with a porche who can't afford a new tire. we could use a little less irony like that i reckon.

i spit beer. thanks. ass.

my hot rod has a flat.
i can't lie, i gotta '82 princeton II that needs some lovin, cap job i think. i have bought 3 guitars and 4 amps since i realized the princeton needed help. i have a capped out, rivera era, short run before factory move, last of the handwired fender designs, princeton II sitting inoperable at my house for that past 2 years...

i am negligent. maybe i felt a need to project the disappointments with myself upon you shineysides. oh well, where's my flask of herradura...?

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious

Quote by gregs1020
i spit beer. thanks. ass.

my hot rod has a flat.

Last edited by BobDetroit at May 17, 2010,
Quote by BobDetroit

cheers fellow old man.

Quote by gregs1020
cheers fellow old man.

i was of drinking age about 10 years ago myself

cheers fellow matured gentlemen

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i was of drinking age about 10 years ago myself

cheers fellow matured gentlemen

i can't count that far back either.

don julio?

*gulp*

i can hardly hear nickleback in the background now... thanks gumby.
Quote by gregs1020
i can't count that far back either.

i can understand if you don't feel like taking off your shoes to enable the extra digits to count that high

Quote by gregs1020

don julio?

with a tempered sweet aroma, a soft initial contact, developing into ever-changing and diverse flavor, and finishing with a skin crawling black pepper finish i can't think of another i'd want. i haven't had a liquor outside of some VSOP armagnacs and single malt scotchs that can parallel the complexity of flavors they managed to cram into Don Julio 1942. tequila also has it over it's competitors in that the agava liquor and the wood aging doesn't dominate a flavor like whiskies and brandys tend to do.

Quote by gregs1020

*gulp*

i can hardly hear nickleback in the background now... thanks gumby.

anything to kill the nickelback

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 17, 2010,
Quote by gumbilicious

@AM - what are the Wizards supposed to be. the cross between a governor and a private jack is kinda useless to me.

I believe they sound like a ceramic red fang.
Quote by AcousticMirror
I believe they sound like a ceramic red fang.

lol

i think my problem was that the only description i can get is a comparison to something else in their line, and i am not familiar with the modern eminence lineup.

didn't you see my post about irony earlier?

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
lol

i think my problem was that the only description i can get is a comparison to something else in their line, and i am not familiar with the modern eminence lineup.

didn't you see my post about irony earlier?

man I dunno? Come here and take a listen. They sound rosy with a faint hint of potpourri and a dash of old spice.

LAWLZCAVE

I no longer feel so bad about this thread since I've just bought a 2nd AC30 about 15 minutes ago :p NAD coming tomorrow AM, pay attention!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I no longer feel so bad about this thread since I've just bought a 2nd AC30 about 15 minutes ago :p NAD coming tomorrow AM, pay attention!

hot!!!

yummy amps. mega volume sound clips please!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by AcousticMirror
They sound rosy with a faint hint of potpourri and a dash of old spice.

it's gonna be like that huh... see if you ever get into my liquor collection...

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

shineysides is big ballin, he doesn't even change the tubes on his amps, he just gets a new amp... damn

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious

shineysides is big ballin, he doesn't even change the tubes on his amps, he just gets a new amp... damn

I'll just record you some clips when my new computer gets here. I dropped my studio computer on its face and it died.
Quote by gumbilicious

no no, I changed them. I just happened to see an unbelievable deal while I was at the store. Brand new AC30C2 (the new ones) for $700.

Quote by AcousticMirror
I'll just record you some clips when my new computer gets here. I dropped my studio computer on its face and it died.

How the hell do you drop a computer?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at May 17, 2010,
it happens. especially when the computer is connected to a 25 foot hdmi cable a 15 foot firewire cable and like shoved in a drawer. and you're trying to move a table. and your drunk.
How thick is the hollow-body compared to your solid-bodies, AM?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by AcousticMirror
money shot while I have this thing open. I love looking at it. Then I wanna lick it.

They say people die every year licking a 9V battery. Methinks licking the insides of your amp is contra-indicated.

Stop buying shit and play your godamn guitars. I have to say I like the idea of gemstone picks. I must look through ebay for some. How do they play?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by no.mop
How thick is the hollow-body compared to your solid-bodies, AM?

it's about the same thick-ness as a less paul.
Quote by AcousticMirror
it happens. especially when the computer is connected to a 25 foot hdmi cable a 15 foot firewire cable and like shoved in a drawer. and you're trying to move a table. and your drunk.

Sorry about the computer. I thought things like that only happened at my house.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no no, I changed them. I just happened to see an unbelievable deal while I was at the store. Brand new AC30C2 (the new ones) for $700.

Thats awesome, you gotta give us clips comparing the two.

When im as rich as you lot are i really wanna get me a handwired AC15.
Though ive never tried one, since the guy at the store was like "Lol U CANT AFFORD THAT UR NOT PLAYING IT" ... to be fair he had a point.
Quote by beckyjc
"Lol U CANT AFFORD THAT UR NOT PLAYING IT" ... to be fair he had a point.

What a meanie
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Page 1 of 2