Anyone have experience with this guitar? The reviews on UG are all very positive. But what is the general consensus of Ibanez guitars overall? And anyone have any problems with this specific one? Is this a guitar that serious musicians would use too?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That guitar is great, except the Edge III bridge. I had many problems with mine.

What problems?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
I have one. Sound is awful, no matter what I do it's just thin, no 'chunk' at all.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
I have one. Sound is awful, no matter what I do it's just thin, no 'chunk' at all.

Are you lying? Your profile does not mention it.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
My friend has one, his trem gave out within a year but ibanez replaced it for free.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I have one, got mine recently. The pick ups are a bit week, but nothing a distortion or overdrive pedal can't supplement for. Honestly, don't believe all the bs about the Edge III. As long as it's set up good, it'll stay in tune. Trust me on this, I use the trem a lot and mine rarely goes out of tune (by rare, I mean once every 2-3 weeks of playing). Also the Edge III isn't meant to be up to level with an OFR, which some try to compare it to. But it is far superior to a Licensed Floyd.

As long as the guitar is set up properly, it'll be good (and this goes with any guitar). And you can always replace the pick ups and trem system anyways.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
In Youtube videos, the whammy bar is very loose on this guitar. I prefer whammy bars that stay in place close to the string for easy access. I dont like having to reach for it. Is there any way to change this?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Before I bought my RGA42FM I drove out and tried this guitar. The action on it was pretty high (too high) IMO but the trem was okay.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by 365_days_gone
Is there anyway to tighten a whammy bar so it doesnt hang?

Yes, if you look on the back of the body you'll see a small slot/hole for where you fit an Allen key. Just turn to tighten the bar in place.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by 365_days_gone
Are you lying? Your profile does not mention it.

I am not. And because I never update my profile. I bought mine used though so it could be an isolated case. And it doesn't sound too bad through other amps so it could be my amps fault. To be honest, I have no idea why it sounds that way.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I had a 350DX for a while. Mine stayed in tune just fine, though, my never using the trem probably had something to do with it.

I'd say though, if you're looking to get one new, don't. Go looking around on the used market for an older MIJ RG. You can pick up RG5xx for under $400 that'll blow away the 350.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I had a 350DX for a while. Mine stayed in tune just fine, though, my never using the trem probably had something to do with it.

I'd say though, if you're looking to get one new, don't. Go looking around on the used market for an older MIJ RG. You can pick up RG5xx for under $400 that'll blow away the 350.

+1
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s