I've been thinking about this a lot lately, so I decided to post the question here and get the infinite knowledge of UG's GG&A

So I'm going to soon purchase a Peavey 5150 and once that's done, I'm definately going to need to upgrade my cab.

A lot of people have suggested Orange and Mesa 2x12's.

Which do you think would suit me better?

I'm going to be gigging in a deathcore band with them heavily.

What I'm really asking is, which would be more reliable on the road, and possibly sound better? From what I understand they both have V30's in them.
Hmm... Mesa's are brilliant. Never played Orange, but JFAC use them and I know guys who swear by them. Try them both (if you can), it's really personal oppinion - both would suit you fine.
Definitely the mesa recto 212. Best 212 I have heard and you can get it for cheap in the us.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Really, I'd just buy which ever one's cheaper. A lot of people seem to think Orange cabs are amazing, I've never tried one, so I really wouldn't know... but I can't imagine them being so much better than a Mesa that they're worth the extra $200 more I see most selling for
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
mesa for sure
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
oranges are still the best cabs I've played. They sound amazing. Mesa is good too though. I personally think the Orange is a little bit more oomph. They are designed differently.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer