Hi guys, I'm going to buy a new amp, and want to get a tiny terror http://www.orangeamps.com/tinyterror/

I was looking on the internet to get a cab for it, and trying to work out what ones it works with, does it work with all or need special requirements?

For example, could I get something like this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75351

and it would work fine?

Thanks in advanced
Jack
Quote by pol315
Make sure your Head ohms are less than the amount of ohms your cabinet can handle! Otherwise bad things happen....

what happens?

what if there both 8 ohms?
If they're both 8 ohms it's fine.

If the head ohm rating is higher than the cab ohm rating, the signal finds less resistance and blah blah blah bad for your power output transformatron.

If the head ohm rating is lower than the cab ohm rating, you won't blow anything, you'll just be running slightly inefficiently.
Last edited by Cholas at May 17, 2010,
Im pretty sure the TT supports 8 and 16 ohm outs anyway.

Maybe this
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

The stock 70/80 isnt a great speaker really in the fender cab, lacks deffinition and low end really, v30s are what the oranges come stock with.
Quote by pol315
Make sure your Head ohms are less than the amount of ohms your cabinet can handle! Otherwise bad things happen....

don't contribute unless you know what you're talking about. if you do know what you are talking about, then learn how to convey an accurate thought.

Quote by cholas
If they're both 8 ohms it's fine.

impedance matching is actually optimal when using most valve amps. mismatching can lead to undue stressing of the amplifier

Quote by cholas
If the head ohm rating is higher than the cab ohm rating, the signal finds less resistance and blah blah blah bad for your power output transformatron.

If the head ohm rating is lower than the cab ohm rating, you won't blow anything, you'll just be running slightly inefficiently.

i realize you are trying to help, but if i didn't know anything about speakers or impedance this would confuse the hell out of me and furthermore would not paint any kind of accurate picture to make conclusions off of.

Quote by Jack_hertz92
I was looking on the internet to get a cab for it, and trying to work out what ones it works with, does it work with all or need special requirements?

almost exclusively all tube amplifiers uses the principles of 'impedance matching'. in short, impedance is a value that represents the 'variable resistance' that an amplifier expects from a speaker. you can think of this like plumbing back pressure, a pump would expect some sort of water pressure for 'nominal' operation, and when the pressure is to intense or too little then things break.

so, if your tube amp uses impedance matching then you need to match the impedance rating from the speaker to the appropriate output on the guitar amplifier. ie. 8 ohm cabinet needs to use the 8 ohm out on the head, a 16 ohm cabinet needs to use the 16 ohm out on the head, so on.

also, while you are looking for a speaker you will want to make sure the speaker is rated for as-much or more power handling than the output of the amp. ie. you will need a speaker rated for 15 or more watts for you 15 watt TT, you would need 100 watt or more rated speaker for a dual rectifier.

this stuff gets more complicated when you use more than 1 cabinet or if you want to know how 4x12's and 2x12's (etc) are wired. but if you're looking at a single 1x12 cab then the one you listed will work. if you are looking to maybe use (2) 1x12 cabinets eventually then you will want to get a cabinet rated for 16 ohms, because astonishingly enough you can run (2) 16 ohm cabs out your (2) 8 ohm outputs on the TT (this works out because a parallel wiring of two 16 ohm cabs is a total of 8 ohms).

fin
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 17, 2010,
there's a new 10" combo version of the TT coming out, it's only slightly more than the head (unlike the current 1x12" version which is quite a bit more). I only say that because, unless there's a specific reason why you want the head version, that's likely to work out cheaper. Assuming it's of the same quality as the head (i've only tried the head).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?