So i saw this in the window of a local pawn shop. it looks alot like the Musicman JP6 but w/o the switch at the top, the headstock doesnt have John's printed signature on it, and the bridge looks a little different. They were only asking $150 for it. so since i'm a weary buyer i ask you guys, do you think this is a JP6? like maybe an older model or something? or not. and if so and i like how it plays should i get it? cause it seems like a steal to me if it is. just asking your guys opinion.

also in a partially related topic, how versatile is a floating tremolo? i mean like, would it be as much a pain in the ass as a floyd rose system is to me since i like to change tunings alot?
That's fake
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
for 150? is it a JP6? or just a musicman.... if its that cheap must be from OLP.... i dunno

MAJOR EDIT:try to get as much info as possible. maybe the pawnshop is too stupid to realize what they have. i once missed out on an original Marshall 50watt jmp for $140. i even asked multiple times to make sure they werent' BSing. i went to the bank to get cash but when i came back 20min later it was sold

anyways it's probably not a JP sig but EB music man guitars are still worth more than 150....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at May 17, 2010,
That looks fake as shit but try it. For $150 you can't really go wrong if it plays well.
It is a major fake, and you should never buy a counterfeit guitar because hat just rewards and encourages the crooks.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's not a fake, it's just not a true musicman per se. It's a Sterling model, which is licensed by Musicman.

EDIT: Note this is just a guess though.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Last edited by Count Orlok at May 17, 2010,
Quote by Avedas
That looks fake as shit but try it. For $150 you can't really go wrong if it plays well.

thats what i was thinking lol. its not really too much.
and even if crooks made it its at a pawn shop so there not getting anything from the purchase really?
Quote by Count Orlok
It's not a fake, it's just not a true musicman per se. It's a Sterling model, which is licensed by Musicman.

Negative. The Sterling looks very different and says "Sterling" on the headstock:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sterling-by-Music-Man-JP50-John-Petrucci-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=580993
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
it's probably some old music man model. check my last previous post. it could very well be worth more than 150....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
thanks. ya i think its most likely fake now too lol. well im going to try it out atleast anyways. all in all it could still make an ok practice guitar
Quote by SomebodySomeone
it's probably some old music man model. check my last previous post. it could very well be worth more than 150....

ya its a possibility that i would definitely hope for. the problem is verifying it. I cant find pictures of anything not a 2009/10 model
Quote by LukasArt♂
ya its a possibility that i would definitely hope for. the problem is verifying it. I cant find pictures of anything not a 2009/10 model

ask them if you can play it a little, bring a piece of paper to write down notes. then go home and google your ass all night till you find something. i'm telling you man, sometimes you wait to long before you find out it really was worth a shitload....
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
thats what i plan on doing. im gonna write down as many specs on it i can and finish my verifying later.

but yea i just noticed that hooklike thing too. it may have been from the wall behind it...guess i'll find out tomorow lmao. that may be a problem
Quote by LukasArt♂
thats what i plan on doing. im gonna write down as many specs on it i can and finish my verifying later.

but yea i just noticed that hooklike thing too. it may have been from the wall behind it...guess i'll find out tomorow lmao. that may be a problem

But handy if you want to hang it like a curtain.