I'm getting a Peavey XXX head soon, and as you may or may not know it doesn't have reverb.

Now, after purchasing this I will be relatively broke and I can't afford to buy a reverb pedal right away.

I have this cheap Digitech RP50 multiFX processor and I was wondering how it would sound if I create a setting and bypass everything except the reverb and then put that in the effects loop.

So yeah, is this a good idea or would it sound of crap?

Thanks
you could sound good without reverb
but i dont know about the digitech reverb
it'll work. not the best reverb but if that's all you use in the loop it should be fine.

then sell the digi thingy and buy a reverb pedal.

congrats on the XXX. stupid amount of gain but nice tone.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^Agreed, my gain never passes hald way lol.

Should do fine until you get a real reverb. Make sure you put it in the fx loop though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
^Agreed, my gain never passes hald way lol.

Pshh... you're obviously not metal then!
i'd be happy with a XXX, reverb is not a necessity, i hated reverb for about 8 years until i grew up, i still only use it sparingly.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^Well, I like to have some reverb in my tone, or else it sounds too dry.

Quote by gregs1020
it'll work. not the best reverb but if that's all you use in the loop it should be fine.

then sell the digi thingy and buy a reverb pedal.

congrats on the XXX. stupid amount of gain but nice tone.

Haha thanks, yeah i know there's a lot of gain but I found one for $795 rarely used by the owner...so I jumped on the deal.

I guess the digitech will have to do for now...can anybody recommend any bang-for-your-buck reverb pedals?
Last edited by devilzdj4 at May 17, 2010,
i use a wet reverb pedal. it's 200 usd for a simple, generic, 2 knob reverb pedal that is incredibly tasteful in it's execution. it appeals to me cuz the simplicity and lack of options, 1 generic reverb to rule them all. i switched to the wet from a tc electronic nova reverb, it had a bunch of stuff i never used and it's power requirements were annoying for pedalboard applications; but the pedal did sound good, it just seemed like a bit too much for just running some spring reverb on it. i also have quite a number of amps with reverb tanks as well.

http://www.neunabertechnology.com/wet-reverb

... and they have upgraded it since i bought one... great... looks like it has the capability for some really strange and spacey sounds now... damn. oh well, i should have waited for the 2nd gen.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 17, 2010,
I actually think the behringer reverb pedal for like 20 bucks sounds really good for the price. Or if you're wanting to spend like 100, the digitech hardwire reverb is awesome. It's stereo (if i remember right), and has lexicon 'verbs. So it sounds great.
Thanks I'll look into those, what do you guys think of the EXH holy grail? Looks like a well built pedal, anyone know how much they go for?
i had a very bad experience with the holy grail and will not recommend

most everybody else talks favorably about them though

-ae
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Pshh... you're obviously not metal then!

Lol maybe not the brootlz. Just the good stuff.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by forsaknazrael
Reverb is overrated. I've never felt the need for it onstage.

Same here, most of the time when you gig you will get a bit of natural room reverb or the engineer miccing up your amp will add some on anyway *Shakes Fist*.

There are many other ways to make your guitar tone sound less dry. I use the chorus on my rocktron prophesy on just about everything and the depth setting on the chorus is very good for making your tone sound a bit more roomy without reverb.

On cleans again chorus with a bit of delay instead of reverb!

I have reverb at my disposal with the rocktron but for some reason I can never bring myself to use it

With regards to the digitech unit if you can put it in your effects loop and run just the reverb on the unit that should be fine.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works