i play psychedelic, classic rock, sometimes progressive style and jazz whats best for me? i have been playing acoustic for 6 months and want to change.
Budget?
But I'd say either a Fender HSS Stratocaster or some kind of Gibson SG.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
Budget?
But I'd say either a Fender HSS Stratocaster or some kind of Gibson SG.

under 500 dollors is what im looking at i like semi hollow body but not sure about sound
Quote by jrguillett2
under 500 dollors is what im looking at i like semi hollow body but not sure about sound

Well a MIM HSS Strat is right at 500 I believe, but if you're keen on a hollowbody go for an Epiphone Dot or a Hagstrom of some sort.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Stratocater. go shell out 4500 bucks and get the david gilmour signature.....or a cheaper one. haha.an epiphone les paul or something might be good too.
i would get a fender strat or maybe a epiphone dot (like a gibson 335). those would fit your style. You might also want to look on ebay, you could get a good used guitar and wouldnt have to mess with a beginner guitar.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by jrguillett2
what are the disadvantages of semi hollows?

My guitar is actually a solid body, but I have played the Viking. They have great note response and sustain from them. Your biggest disadvantage with a semi hollow would be potential feedback issues with high levels of gain
I really enjoy the new Schecter Damien I got, great tone clean or distorted.

If you can afford it, the Ibanez S570 or S-series in general are also amazing guitars.
My Gear-
2010 Ibanez S570DXQM 24-fretter
MIM Fender Standard Strat HSS Sierra Sunburst

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
Just go try a bunch of guitars and see which you like and which you don't like, We can only give suggestions. You'd probably think I would like Gibson SGs since I was a big AC/DC fan but I never liked SGs much.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
You want an electric guitar that is very versatile and easy to play. I suggest a Fender Stratocaster. It is used in a wide variety of musical styles and has large frets for easy playability.

ron666