I just need some songs that require tapping on the fretboard. Nothing hard because these will be the first ones that I learn.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
the power ranger theme son has some cool tapping
the one solo has tapping in it sounds cool but really easy
van halen is known for it
Eruption by Van Halen was the first tapping bit I learned. Or does it have to be a bass part?
Quote by Boz0r
Eruption by Van Halen was the first tapping bit I learned. Or does it have to be a bass part?

Considering this is the bass forum.....Yes it has to be bass
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
lots of protest the hero:
blood meat
sequioa throne

devine heresy - facebreaker (i think)
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Ok, then, how about something like DMV or Jerry Was A Race Car Driver by Primus?
Broken One by Trivium has a great tapping intro. It might be too hard for a newbie. Tapping is actually really hard. Though, if you want, I can redirect you to some videos that can help you build up your tapping ability before you go and actually learn songs with tapping it.

Also, John Myung from Dream Theater has some decent tapping in Metropolis, but, it's really hard to play. And so does Ryan Martinie from Mudvayne, especially in songs like Scream With Me and Happy. Also, Paolo Gregoletto from Trivium, has some decent solo tapping in Becoming the Dragon.

If you really want to study tapping, I'd suggest you start reading up on a guy named Victor Wooten, as well. That guy is a bass player at the master class.
I know you're lookin for something easy but check out Perverse Suffering by Cannibal Corpse. Bad ass tapping in that one.
Quote by Jamora1124
Broken One by Trivium has a great tapping intro. It might be too hard for a newbie. Tapping is actually really hard. Though, if you want, I can redirect you to some videos that can help you build up your tapping ability before you go and actually learn songs with tapping it.

Also, John Myung from Dream Theater has some decent tapping in Metropolis, but, it's really hard to play. And so does Ryan Martinie from Mudvayne, especially in songs like Scream With Me and Happy. Also, Paolo Gregoletto from Trivium, has some decent solo tapping in Becoming the Dragon.

If you really want to study tapping, I'd suggest you start reading up on a guy named Victor Wooten, as well. That guy is a bass player at the master class.

Ya if you could show me the vids that would be great. And yes Im fully aware who Victor Wooten is
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Bloodmeat by Protest the hero is actually incredibly fun to play...

Oh and Severed by Mudvayne.
I am me. Live with it.
Almost any core song. It's one of the ways they trick ignorant 15 year olds into thinking they have talent. Its the perfect place to start. Protest the hero has several songs with tapping just kinda slapped in to add time.
Elephant Talk by King Crimson.

It's originally played on a Chapman's Stick, but it's also playable on a bass guitar.
Quote by Andrax20
'Knights of Cydonia' - Muse

+1 for that one.
The part where they are singing "No ones gonna take me alive" if you don't know the song... I learned it in about 15 mins or so, so it isn't that difficult to do just kinda hard to keep straight in my head.
Quote by Casketcreep
We have a list of 'songs you should learn'. Look for the ones with the T beside them.

Yes I know but the songs that they have suggested that have tapping in them are way to hard.
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Cry Of the Banshee, Brocas Helm. You'll love it
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Almost any core song. It's one of the ways they trick ignorant 15 year olds into thinking they have talent. Its the perfect place to start. Protest the hero has several songs with tapping just kinda slapped in to add time.

Do not be dissing Arif.

TS, i've found a good way for people startin out is to practise tappin octaves; try tapping the bassline for Uprising by Muse, good exercise.

Of course if you can bear it, there's no better way for building finger strength than tapping chord shapes and scales.
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Wow, no need for all the hatred.

TS, check out the line in Knights of Cydonia that's already been mentioned, and the bridge section in Bloodmeat by protest the Hero.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Ouch_needles
Do not be dissing Arif.

TS, i've found a good way for people startin out is to practise tappin octaves; try tapping the bassline for Uprising by Muse, good exercise.

Of course if you can bear it, there's no better way for building finger strength than tapping chord shapes and scales.

Thanks ill try doing that.
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Metropolis by Dream Theater. It can be hard at first, but it's also a great exercise to build up strength.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Another one is the bridge part of Blindfolds Aside - Protest The Hero.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Quote by The1bassist06
Considering this is the bass forum.....Yes it has to be bass

Why does it have to be? It is a pretty easy part that can easily be played on bass.

Quote by oz_bassist
Another one is the bridge part of Blindfolds Aside - Protest The Hero.

This is about the easiest you can possibly get for tapping, it is literally tapping and pulling off to fretted notes. I can't think of an easier tapping part.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Take No Prisoners - Megadeth
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112

nice choice. Now that I've figured it out after watching some RIP tour vids, it's pretty simple.

Not very hard but fun. Also when you got some exprience you can try some fun and familiar Brain Drill.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Or Viraemia.

The first tap song I learnt was Jerry Was A Racecar Driver, nice and unconventional. I also used to just do minor arpeggios, in a gu*tard way.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

There is a kind of bass tapping solo in Knights of Cydonia by Muse. I think it sounds impressive considering how easy it is to play.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
confessions by slipknot, almost all the song is in tapping, and isn't too hard
(suggesting protest the hero as 1st song to learn? omg I don't have the same view of "easy" as you guys have ^^)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-tYSWnROwo
(i'm not sure the original is played that way, but it doesn't really matter ;-) )