i spilled water on my keyboard>
now< the shift key seems to be permanently pressed (which is why periods come out as ">" and commas come out as "<")> i"m currently typing this in caps lock< to counter_act the shift key

as soon as it happened< i flipped the keyboard upside down< in hopes the water would drain out> i then went to get a towel to wipe the water off of the desk>

i then unplugged the usb from the computer< let the water drip out for a bit< and then plugged it back in> and restarted the computer>

not only are there the problems with the keyboard< but for some reason< whenever i try to scroll with the mouse< it goes to the previous page> however< this is now become impossible< because whenever i click a link< it opens it in a new window< which is getting really annoying>

what do i do?
Quote by Thrill-house
First off, stop using periods and commas for one thing thats annoying as hell.
it"s a sub_conscious effort: do you think about each period and comma you type? i"m going to assume no>

it would take forever to type things out that way>
Quote by Dirge Humani
Keyboards are cheap. You can find one for less than $20.

This.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
it's cos you've got shift on, shift click is new window, shift scroll is forward/back. just buy a new keyboard.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by herby190
it"s a sub_conscious effort: do you think about each period and comma you type? i"m going to assume no>

it would take forever to type things out that way>

I actually do, that way I'm more inclined to use them correctly.
Remove the shift key and check the nippley thing underneath...
Last edited by Kay Z at May 17, 2010,
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
holy shit dude< i did the same thing not twelve minutes ago>

i call shenanigans
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I just left it upside down for awhile, while I want to drum. I came back, and now it's working fine, although some of the keys feel a little odd.

Quote by guylee
Shenanigans. I call them.
Wait, you think I made that up? I have one question; why? Do you realize how annoying it would be for me to type out all the posts up to this one like that? What would be the point? Do you think I'm sitting here, giggling, thinking "lulz, they think my keyboard is broken but it isn't"? I honestly just don't see the point.....

Anyways, why does it work now? You would think damage like that would be permanent...
Quote by herby190
I just left it upside down for awhile, while I want to drum. I came back, and now it's working fine, although some of the keys feel a little odd.

Wait, you think I made that up? I have one question; why? Do you realize how annoying it would be for me to type out all the posts up to this one like that? What would be the point? Do you think I'm sitting here, giggling, thinking "lulz, they think my keyboard is broken but it isn't"? I honestly just don't see the point.....

Anyways, why does it work now? You would think damage like that would be permanent...

It's because it never happened in the first place and you were lying.
Quote by Kay Z
ioncebrokemyspacebarandhadtotypelikethisallthetime

underscore?

anyway a new keyboard works wonders
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by guylee
It's because it never happened in the first place and you were lying.
I still fail to see the point. Enlighten me; what would be the point of doing that? I just don't get it. This honestly happened.
Quote by herby190

I thought you said your period doesn't work?
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
......read the first paragraph of the post you just quoted.
Quote by herby190
I still fail to see the point. Enlighten me; what would be the point of doing that? I just don't get it. This honestly happened.

I don't know you're the one that did it. So YOU tell ME what the point is. Was it worth it?
Quote by guylee
I don't know you're the one that did it. So YOU tell ME what the point is. Was it worth it?
I honestly don't know if I should be annoyed, or amused.
If the shift key was stuck down, you'd be typing in all caps. Fail.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
If the shift key was stuck down, you'd be typing in all caps. Fail.
Read the OP; I pressed caps lock to counter-act it. Try it; press caps lock, and then hold the shift key, and tell me how it types.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Because shift + scroll wheel = forward / back.

EDIT:

Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Last edited by Kioshi at May 17, 2010,
Quote by herby190
Read the OP; I pressed caps lock to counter-act it. Try it; press caps lock, and then hold the shift key, and tell me how it types.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?
Good question; I wonder what else my keyboard can do that it's never told me......
@xCaMRocKx-: No, press shift while caps lock is on.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
@xCaMRocKx-: No, press shift while caps lock is on.

Seriously dude? I've already admitted I was wrong.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Id say buy a new one, but if you cant, put it in a box and cover it with rice for a few days. The rice should absorb a lot of the moisture that you couldnt get out. Idk if it'll fix the keyboard, but at least it'll be dry inside. Worth a shot right?
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
You know you can just take the keys off and clean them out, probably would've saved you making this silly thread.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o