Hi Everyone!
The subject of this thread is as stated: I want a 7 string guitar and right now I'm between 3 guitars of different brands. I wanted some help since well, I can't play those guitars where I live so I have to order them based on specs, looks, reviews and recommendations... so, here I am

I have some guitars as option already (3 as I said above) but you people can suggest others you may know of!

so far, I'm looking for guitars under $1000 maybe even $1300, 24 frets, 7 strings obviously, neck thru (not a deal breaker but neck thru is what I like most... I accept set neck or bolt on too, but neck thru preferred), thin necks if possible and I'm looking for an X shape since it accomodates perfectly to how I play... Vs are welcomed but sometimes they have balance issues when you're playing sit.

So far my 3 main options are:
Ibanez XPT707FX Xiphos ($999)
ESP LTD HEX 7 Nergal Signature ($999)
B.C. Rich Marc Rizzo Stealth Pro 7 ($899)

thanks for your help!
if you can play a strat shape go with an ibanez rg7620 or an rg1527 theyre great
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
I would get the stealth if I were you, but I'm a BC Rich and Chuck Schuldiner fanboy.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
well I obviously can play a strat shape, however I find that those X shapes are more comfortable to me... so I prefer them over the strat shape. Also those RGs are more expensive... I mean I could theoretically afford them but... I'd like to be able to eat after I buy the guitar

About the Schecter Hellraiser C7... I've heard the necks are pretty thick on those... how true is that??
Last edited by Avl521 at May 17, 2010,
well dude a 7620 is like between 400-600 on ebay and they are great guitars. and the 1527 is like a grandish so it was within your price range
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
I personally heard the Mark Rizzo Stealth wasn't very good, but I could be wrong. Also, the BC Rich JRV7 is $700 if that helps. But out of those, I'd go with the Xiphos. Not a huge Ibanez fan but they've got Dimarzio D-Activators in them, which sound amazing IMHO(Chris Broderick and John 5 use them if you like either of them), it plays fairly well from the little amount of time I spent with a 6-string Xiphos and it looks like a weapon(in a good way). =D
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.