Considering these 3 chords progression: Gm - Bb - Cm ... I can say that they belong to a G minor scale or Bb major scale

Bb C D Eb F G A : Bb major scale : vi7 - Imaj7 - ii7 chord progression
G A Bb C D Eb F : G minor scale : i7 - IIImaj7 - iv7 chord progression

Which roman numeral notation should I use?
The chords are the same, but the roman numerals change according to the scale

I think I should use the i7 - IIImaj7 - iv7 notation, eg G minor scale because the progression sounds minor and it resolves in Gm, eg i7 chord ... ?
You use the notation for the key that the progression is in which you identified yourself (correctly) as Gm.

Also you should really only write the 7's is the chords in question actually have the 7th present. Otherwise it's misleading.
i don't know why i feel so dry
It depends on the chords around it. typically a vi wouldnt go to a I so yes, G minor is probably your best choice.

Do you have anything else to go with it?
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Thanks, and what about Power Chords like: G5-Bb5-C5 ... since there are no 3rds to define major/minor quality can I say it's a Gmin scale also?
Quote by sohdubom
Thanks, and what about Power Chords like: G5-Bb5-C5 ... since there are no 3rds to define major/minor quality can I say it's a Gmin scale also?

Ah, but there is a third. Bb is the minor third of G minor. You have to keep track of ALL the notes, which with what you just posted, are Bb-C-D-F-G. And those happen to all be in G minor.
Last edited by tenfold at May 17, 2010,
Quote by tenfold
Ah, but there is a third. Bb is the minor third of G minor. You have to keep track of ALL the notes, which with what you just posted, are Bb-C-D-F-G. And those happen to all be in G minor.

Yes, you're right ... thanx :-)