SO i have a old Les paul copy from the 90s .. this guitar was dig up a basement ( humdity cold etc .. ) .

its all in prfect condition except than the one of the inlays on the fingerboard is a bit lift up ( not much ) .

I thought it was unglued and need to be fixed back in place .. but i think its the wood has skrink a bit with years so this inlays look pop up of his place a little bit . .

its not much .

is there anything i can do to put the need and inlayS even ???

its not much it doesnt affect playablility much but you can easily feel it when you pass your finger on the fingerboard ( when there no string ) .

should i use a file and try to put the inlay even with the wood . ???

what kind of file .

I cant afford a luthier for that guitar .. its not worth enough .

any suggestion .

it snot every inlays but some of them ...

thank you .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
If it's an Asian-made (and non-Japanese) guitar, there's a good chance that they didn't let the wood dry long enough before they used it, and it's just now becoming it's 'regular' shape.
If it's not real bad, I'd just leave it. But if you really want to try to fix it, some 220-grit sandpaper will do the job. Just sand lightly and take your time. Maybe use a foam block or foam pad.
[thread="1285220"]First Build - Zebrawood Tele[/thread]
[thread="1288529"]Second Build[/thread]
[thread="1334385"]Curbside Build[/thread]
Quote by Handgrenade
If it's not real bad, I'd just leave it. But if you really want to try to fix it, some 220-grit sandpaper will do the job. Just sand lightly and take your time. Maybe use a foam block or foam pad.

+1 this.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
ok thanks .

some spot are worse than other but i dont think that could affect playability .

but if choose to sand it .. should i put tape on the fret and the wood to make sure im not sanding the wood ??
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Tape the frets, not the wood. If you tape the wood, you won't be able to get the inlays flush. I'm assuming your fretboard is either rosewood or ebony. Just gently sand across the inlay until it is flush with the wood. You'll end up sanding a tiny bit of the wood also. As long as you're not overly aggressive, it won't be a problem. Then, just re-oil the area and you're done.
[thread="1285220"]First Build - Zebrawood Tele[/thread]
[thread="1288529"]Second Build[/thread]
[thread="1334385"]Curbside Build[/thread]