I want to buy a gaming PC so I've been looking around and one of my friends showed me cyberpower. Supposedly you save a bit of money (and effort) if you get it there rather than ordering all the parts off newegg or something. Well I found a PC that aroused my interests on that site, but I need someone with good knowledge of PC's to make sure I'm not making a stupid newbie mistake.

I found this PC.

Is that not a good decision? Is there something I should add/remove from it or should I skip that computer completely and look for another one?

Halp?
LARGE TEXT
I'm looking to make a new build, and I've been doing a lot of tests on cyberpower and the prices are higher.

It would be cheaper to just get the parts off newegg. Plus Newegg has combo deals and stuff.

Use pricewatch to find the cheapest version of each part though, you could save some money that way as well
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I'm not a big computer buff yet, but I know for a gaming PC you'll want 8g of RAM.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
it cheaper to build your own than to buy from cyberpower pc or any other site. Of course if you dont know how to build one and dont want to, then it sbetter to buy from them than from dell or hp or the likes

This PC is alright, the price is a little high for the parts, but its a pretty average gaming PC.

The video card won't last you much though, even though its DX11, its not powerful enough to handle the upcoming DX11 line up.

go for at least a 5800 if you can.

also get more than 4 GB RAM. 4GB isnt gogint o be enough soon

where is your monitor
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by MH400
Don't buy one.

Buy parts and build it yourself.

But if I **** up, that's it.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by JayT44
I'm not a big computer buff yet, but I know for a gaming PC you'll want 8g of RAM.

lol wtf?

try like max of 4.

I'm running 2g of ram b/c my other gig stick burnt out and I run any new game at ultra settings still.

edit: and this custom pc is 2 years old now.
with the last breath of air
as the earth comes trembling down
would you give her this last night
the love of your life?
Last edited by HowerPower at May 17, 2010,
Quote by HowerPower
lol wtf?

try like max of 4.

I'm running 2g of ram

n00b

lrn2gaem
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Holy.
But if I **** up, that's it.

you are going to save a ton of money and have a pc that will last years. You should really just do a ton of research and get all the parts. It's not as complicated as you think to set it up.
the love of your life?
Quote by JayT44
n00b

lrn2gaem

sooo, are you trying to say you have no idea what you are talking about?
the love of your life?
Quote by HowerPower
you are going to save a ton of money and have a pc that will last years. You should really just do a ton of research and get all the parts. It's not as complicated as you think to set it up.

Yeah, it actually doesn't look to complicated, but hey, I'm clumsy.

So can you suggest me a good build so I can have an idea what to look for?
LARGE TEXT
Honestly, its not hard at all.

Main parts:

Motherboard
Processor
Hard drive
Ram
Graphics card
Sound card

They all fit on the Motherboard.

Do some research, its a lot easier than you think.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Holy.
Yeah, it actually doesn't look to complicated, but hey, I'm clumsy.

So can you suggest me a good build so I can have an idea what to look for?

just search google for forums for pc building, and start stalking newegg for deals. I can't really tell you what to buy, b/c I build my pc a long time ago. I will say that you are probably looking at spending 700-1000 dollars for a good rig.
the love of your life?
Quote by JayT44
n00b

lrn2gaem

I've had 2, 4, 6 and 8 gb and let me tell you, there isn't really that much of a difference between 4 and 8.
It all comes down to your GPU and CPU really. And TS, I have an ATi HD 5850 and it's not that great, well, it is... when it works. Suddenly, you will have a giant mouse pointer and shit like that, it will stop working right when you are rendering things in 3d max, etc.
Buy your own parts separately and build it yourself cause you'll learn a lot and save a ton of cash.

You're gunna need at least 4gigs min. More preferably...
Your gunna want to spend most on a processor and graphics card if your going to be gaming.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.