well 60 to 120 could be resolved by going from quarter to half notes. but yes. some songs will go from 5/8 to 7/8 to 3/4 and then back to 5/8 within four measures. anything is ok as long as it sounds good
No you can't. That's like dividing by zero.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Listen to some Dream Theater. They're always playing in some weird time signature and switching to another weird one every 4 bars
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by silversoulcage
Fail.

Lol, I hope you didn't take what I said seriously.

foREVer

I suppose you arn't in band? One of my songs is 4/4, 3/4, then it switches between 2/4 and 3/4 over and over again. Not to mention stuff like 6/8. Also Ritardo, Accelerando, etc all have an effect on the BPM of the song.
when the time changes, it will tell you in the beginning of the bar.

and the rhythm in a song isn't really measured in bpm. the rhythm is determined by the types of notes in each measure. for example, if the time was 4/4, there could be 4 quarter notes in the first bar, but then there could be 1 quarter note, 2 eighth notes, and 1 half note in the next bar.
Quote by Junior#1
Listen to some Dream Theater. They're always playing in some weird time signature and switching to another weird one every 4 bars

The headbanging attempts at Dream Theater concerts are hilarious
Quote by van01010100

Lol I'd love to go to try and head bang during the polyrhyhtm sections. Get one group doing one time signature and another doing the other.

foREVer

Quote by patrickodang
when the time changes, it will tell you in the beginning of the bar.

and the rhythm in a song isn't really measured in bpm. the rhythm is determined by the types of notes in each measure. for example, if the time was 4/4, there could be 4 quarter notes in the first bar, but then there could be 1 quarter note, 2 eighth notes, and 1 half note in the next bar.

No, the rhythm isn't but the speed is. 4/4 on it's own tells you nothing about how fast the song is, does it?

Quote by van01010100

Nowhere near as much as Meshuggah, Tesseract and Unexpect
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think in an Alice in Chains song (Them Bones?) the time signature alternates every measure between 4/4 and 7/8.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
I think in an Alice in Chains song (Them Bones?) the time signature alternates every measure between 4/4 and 7/8.

Nope, it's just in 7/8.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have but one thing to say: Listen to some Megadeth.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Listen to almost any progressive or Avante Garde band. They change constantly.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
If u own a cd you should know this
I just don't understand why you would ask us if you should buy a guitar.

We're not you nor can we tell you what songs you'd like to learn!
CD? What arcane technology do you speak of?
404: Sig not found.